We've had all kinds of "which rifle" polls over the years... but I love October and classic horror movies... so it's time for another.

In the penultimate scene of Halloween 4 (which is actually pretty awful and not a classic, but alas...), the sheriff, state troopers, and lots of rednecks from town unload on Michael Myers from about 10 yards away and blast him into a mine shaft.

So, if you found yourself living Haddonfield in 1988, and your buddies said "quick, grab a rifle and jump in the truck, we have to go get Michael Myers"... what are you grabbing from the safe?

There are only three rules: (1) it must be a rifle (no shotguns!); (2) it must be a rifle that you actually own and that existed in 1988; and (3) you can only choose one!

I would take along my JM stamped 336 in 30-30. I like the capacity, open sights, and rate of fire. Not a huge thumper, but at 10 yards, that's still a lot of energy. (My initial thought was a Win 670 in 9.3x62 with open sights -- rebored by JES from 30-06 -- that I've just finished rehabbing, built in the late 60s, but it wasn't a 9.3x62 in 1988... so I'm going to follow my own rules!)