Now I have a 10 year old grand daughter that is recoil averse. She killed a good 8 point whitetail this past season with my .223, but with a perfect double lung shot it ran off over 100 yards and didn't leave a drop of blood on the ground. I told her we aren't going to take the .223 deer hunting again. If I would not have seen the deer stagger when shot and then make a right turn we may not have located him. I have a short stocked Ruger 77 in .270 that I previously loaded 110 NAB in with fast loads as noted above. How do you folks think about 40 grains of H4895 would do for a low recoil load? Don't want her to shoot a rifle she is scared of and she does insist on practice shooting the rifle she is going to use so I cannot get by with telling her it won't kick and we sure don't wish to start a flinch issue. Any recommendations appreciated as to other powders but I already have 2 boxes of 110 NAB. In stock I have Varget, I4064, I and H 4350, N133, and H4831 (which probably won't work well), also some I4895.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."