Being new to the forums wasn’t sure if this was the place to ask, but anyway….

Just picked up an X-Bolt HC 6.5 Creedmoor the other day. I have a Leupold VX Freedom 3-9x40 I’m going to put on it initially Until after hunting season when I can save up some more $$$ for a better one.

My first thought was I’d get the one piece Talley rings, but after reading about many stripped front receiver threads and the fact I’ll be swapping out the scope in the future (and possibly like to be able to swap scopes on the gun for target vs hunting) I thought maybe a rail would be a better option.

And here I sit with analysis paralysis as usual. Steel base vs aluminum. One piece vs two. I don’t have a tone of money at the moment and would like to keep it around $200 or less.

Would something like the EGW rail and low Keystone rings work OK. Or would a steel rail be better? With the thinking I’d like to mount the rail once so there’s less chance of stripping those front screws by having to mount/remove too much?

Also, would the loctite stick be better than liquid as the two from screw holes go all the way through but the barrel ends about 1/2 way through that hole? Maybe the stick would keep anything from getting into the barrel like liquid dripping?

Thanks for putting up with my question that’s probably been asked a 1000 times.