Originally Posted by Blooze
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
Don’t go cheap on your bases/rings. They are critically important. For what you want, use a good rail (Talley, Nightforce, Seekins, etc) and same rings or use the Talley 2 piece base and detachable ring system, either the lever lock or screw lock. They are bomber tough.

Have a gunsmith drill and tap out your receiver holes to 8-40 if you’re worried about it.

I much prefer the liquid Loctite over the stick. The stick doesn’t cure as well. Use liquid, don’t use too much and stuff a paper towel up into the chamber if you’re worried about it leaking through

The problem I see with the front screws is there’s only about 1 1/2 a 2 threads to grab ahold of. Several rail makers are suggesting using loctite and only 10 in-lbs on them because of this.

I’ve looked at Talley and Seekins. Seekins nothing is in stock anywhere for my scope unfortunately, unless I’m just not seeing it which is possible. NF doesn’t make a rail for the X-bolt as far as I could tell. Talley and EGW was kind of what I had narrowed it to, but y’all know more about it than I do.

Steel vs aluminum?

So the female screw holes in the front bridge are only 2 threads deep? Or your screws only have two male threads protruding under the rail?