JD45.

About Elmer Keith.

His son Ted Keith lived down the road from us on Shamrock (what was then outside of Boise). My older sister took horse riding lessons there. I would ride my bike over and play with Elmer's grandson Greg sometimes while this was going on. Greg and I went to school together, though he was a year behind me. There were always a bunch of guns in Gregs house.

I vaguely recall his grandpa/older relatives sometimes being there but really never paid any attention as we were just kids paying and I really hardly remember much of that. Anyways, later I joined the Army and got into handgunning, and big into .44s. It was not until I was in my late teens that I realized that Greg's grandpa was actually Elmer Keith.

Keith died a few miles down the road from where I grew up, in a nursing home on Ustick Avenue in 1984. I always felt like I totally missed out by just a few years on knowing such an interesting guy. As it were I have met/known a number of locals from central ID who knew him, and my cabin is located in country he used to run around in frequently.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com