Originally Posted by roverboy
Originally Posted by MGunns
So I saw remington sluggers online at a good price. It says they are for smooth bore and rifled bore. I'm a little confused by this.

I think they will work ok out of either type of barrel. That's what my uncle always used in a Ithaca 37 smoothbore. Killed a lot of deer with them and that gun.

I've killed more deer with an Ithaca M37 with a 26" vent rib barrel, fixed IC choke, and Federal rifled slugs than all other guns combined, except maybe buckshot. Remington Sluggers, Winchester Super X rifled slugs, and Federal rifled slugs are fantastic deer loads if ranges are realistic. They self stabalize without barrel rifling. Aren't all that choke sensitive. And will obturate to fill even a back bored barrel. I have a 1975 Ithaca M37 with a standard bore 26" fixed IC choke barrel and they fire well from that. I have a newer 2018 production M37 with a "back bored" barrel that uses Browning Invector Plus choke tubes and they fire even better out of it. I can consistently break stationary clays with those slugs at 50 yards, and that's looking straight down the rib and covering the clay with the red front sight. I don't know how they'd do out of a fat barreled Mossberg 835. But they shoot very well out of Browning, Winchester and newer Ithaca barrels that use the Invector Plus choke tubes.

BTW, Winchester is still listing their BRI slugs. https://winchester.com/Products/Ammunition/Shotshell/Super-X/XRS123

Last edited by 10Glocks; 10/03/22.