Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by beretzs
You'll like RL23.. It is like RL26 with a tiny bit less speed and all the benefits of an H Extreme powder. Usually really accurate too.

I echo all your guys thoughts on the Tipped Bear Claws. Wished I'd bought 500 of each when they were less than 25 for 50 when they came out.

I really kick myself in the azz for not buying more. I only bought 2 boxes because I didn't know anything about them. They were around $29/box, if I remember right. That was 2 years ago. I figured they would work well in the 7mm08. I should have bought 10 boxes!! Here's the target from 2 days ago. Honest target, as per usual. Shot at 400 yards. Not spectacular, but it is what it is:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That target was already up at the 400 yard target board, so I just used it. Figured there was plenty of room there to gather the data I needed. Found it odd that the 140 would outshoot the 162 ELDX. Seemed like the wind was messing with the 162 more. However, I only had those 3 140's to compare the 162's with. One thing about it, if I ever run across more of those 140's, I'm going to buy them. I'll also keep working on the 162 load..
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Also, I've decided to loctite the BOSS in place (again!!!) and leave it alone. It could be cool to mess around with, if you only shot factory ammo. When you handload (tailor your ammo to your rifle), Its more than possible to just work up a good load at a fixed setting. My "worked up load" was more consistent at the original setting. That was even after I went up .1 at a time (from 2.0 to 2.8), and then backed it off .1 at a time (from 2.0 to 1.5). I thought I was going to get lucky at one setting, but it was a failed attempt, as 2 other groups said it was a no go. The most consistent setting was 2 on the dial, where I had originally had it set.. I'll take consistency at all barrel temps and fouled conditions over one lucky 3 shot group, just how I roll.. And a 3/4 to 1 moa hunting rifle is good to go. Also, after fn with the BOSS and shooting 15 groups with it, I only had 5 rounds of the 162 eldx to shoot at 400. Like I said, totally honest target there. Not enough ammo left to zero in perfectly. Just shot to compare group size and dispersion of the 162 vs. the 140. I used the last two shots on the yote at 400, of course..
Quick question for you, bsa, what is the relative POI between the 162 and 140 at 100 (or whatever your zero range is) in calm conditions? I'm curious if there is an offset to partially explain the perceived greater drift of the 162.