Mine is a Ruger bolt action... But I think of the Grendal as a 30/30 equivalent, using more aerodynamic bullets, giving it further range. and I am using 129 gr SP and 140 grain SPs, which gives it excellent penetration...

I like the 125 partition mentioned above. The season I have some 105 grain SMP Partitions I picked up years ago from Shooters Pro Shop, factory seconds intended for the European Market. Well see if a candidate shows up to test them out for me...

Plenty of deer in the front yard daily... and this afternoon, I came out the front door and their was about 20 cow elk grazing in the grass and on leaves, along with 5 bulls, the biggest being a 6 x 6. That was around 2 PM this afternoon. They are usually here earlier in the morning or early evening just after the sun has set.

NOT going to use the Grendal on those tho....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez