This post cracks me up...

I'm a fellow PA hunter. I have had several run ins with black bears, including two false charges. I just got my carry permit, went to my gun shop, and handled several handguns. The one I kept going back to was the M&P 2.0 in 10mm. I was doing some drawing exercises in the store to simulate a charging bear with a few glocks, sig, s&w, and springfield. I would focus on a point on the other side of the store (probably 30ft away), draw the pistol, and put the gun on target without taking my eyes off of the target. The glocks were always aimed way over the target, which would be a first round miss. The others didn't go on target organically, either a little left, or a little right. But that M&P was dead on target, every draw. Now, I recognize that this is MY PERSONAL situation, and everyone is different, but I chose the gun that I felt would give me the highest percent chance of first round hit.

I also realized that there was a good chance of a low light encounter, so I also got an underbarrel flashlight. I'm still undecided on the ammo I'll use. Not planning on reloading for this, so we'll see.