Originally Posted by Seafire
No one wants a vehicle I've owned...

I don't sell them, I just give them away. I start thinking about getting rid of a vehicle when its hitting about 350 to 400K...
Always goes to someone in need...I've never have let a vehicle go, because it wasn't running... just starting to get high miles on it...

Buy em used, sometimes needing a little work, which I take care of... Drive mainly Toyotas and Hondas for the last 25 to 30 years...

Oldest one I've kept and the last vehicle I bought NEW, is my 88 4Runner...she's awfully close to 600,000 on it now.. Still runs fine...
I'd have no problem getting in it and driving it to the east coast and back, minus the fuel prices...its a 20 mpg vehicle.. 2200RE motor..
5 speed manual....I just don't drive it in snow and road salt....she doesn't get taken into that environment...
in another 80K, my 06 Pilot I'll start having to think about retiring her....she'll have 400K on it...
my 08 Camry and 2011 Tacoma, they only have like around 170 K on them...they'll probably out last me...

I really don't want any of these newer cars, with all the BS they keep putting on them, to make it more expensive to run them...

I could go out and buy a new vehicle.. but WTF for? they don't do anything that what I currently have can't....

Refer to the F'N ex wife Threat... I've learned to go thru life pretty darn frugally... and not a thing in this entire world is in my name...
I own nothing......

I dont know what it is with those damm toyotas and hondas!! I am 6f t2in 320 lbs so I cant have one but with I could! I have a friend in Burns who has had a mid 2000's tunda, now with 300k, and the [bleep] has done NO repairs - just std maintentance.

Last edited by Tesoro; 10/19/22.