Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by gunzo
I sold an 03 Jeep Rubicon with a 5 sp. in 09, big mistake. I thought.

Looked at a Tacoma with a manual the other day & thought it fun to knock around in, but had been out all day & my knees were killing me. Got to thinking about sitting a a long red ight or the like, & holding the clutch in. My left knee said fugg that clutch & I passed on it. I'm 69.

The pedal on my Taco is pretty light, compared to many other older ones I've driven.
There's always neutral if the light is really long, or one is stopped at a RR crossing or road work.

I still have the '01 Tacoma and love driving it. Except when I have to go to a real city. Little piss ant cities around here aren't a big issue, as I'm usually not there for long. Recent trip in the Taco to SoCal was a real pain in the ass though. Stopping and starting all the way from Adelanto south. It sucked.

Took a trip to the Big Town up the road yesterday, granted it was in the newer car with the auto trans. Had it been in the truck though, it would have been no problemo. 2 miles from our driveway to the first stop sign, right turn. 2 miles to the next stop at the main county rd, left turn. 12 miles to the State highway, left turn. Next stop 88 miles or so unless I stop to pee or for a bagel at the little coffee hut in one little burg.

If I lived in a city again (shiver here) I'd likely get another daily driver with an auto and leave the truck for hunting and fishing trips.

Oh, I'm older by far than some here and younger than the REAL BOOMERS. You can tell because I even listen to that rap crap sometimes.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?