Our SIL is a pilot who recently retired from the Border Patrol. He's qualified on a bunch of different planes and helicopters. He's been working for a charter business jet company flying this beast. He says it's totally boring. The plane is like a Tesla with auto pilot. He has to be aware of everything going on and be ready to take over at all times, but the plane flies itself. He doesn't fly it at all, just sit and watch it have the fun. How do you stay awake on long flights like that? He said he just spent 6 hours in a simulator that was a real yawner.

He just got a verbal job offer from a firefighting company flying souped up tanker jets. That one wouldn't be boring. He applied to fly helicopters but the offer is for jets. It's flying at high speed at very low altitudes while dumping retardant. I don't know what model of plane he'd be flying there but he said things happen so fast that you have to have a good grip on the seat with your cheeks. I've seen videos of Boeing 747 tankers but I don't know what they're using now.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.