Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Sorta off topic. I had to go to an office building Wednesday. These people were there. They sit in padded chairs. There's heating and air conditioning. Cold and hot potable water. There was no dust. It was quiet. No traffic at all. Didn't see anything that could fall, rip, shred, burn, blind, mame, mangle, explode, suffocate... Boring looked pretty darn swell if you can stomach it.

After a couple of mostly outdoor type jobs in my field I tried an indoor job because I was interested in that end of the business. The trips to various facilities in other States were the highlight of what became a very boring friggen job, with too many rules, restrictions on what I could wear (no shorts in a 72F environmnent? My nuts was sweaty all day and no ventilation!) , and the bosses were there all the time too.

I couldn't "stomach it" as you say.

I don't need crashing into hillsides type of excitement necessarily, but something to keep the blood flowing and brain working is important.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?