They cut their bodies in half at the waist.' Devastated mother of one of four murdered friends found dismembered and dumped in Oklahoma river tells how they were shot 'multiple times' with one victim's arm 'chopped off' to 'send a message'

The four men who were found dismembered and dumped in an Oklahoma river earlier this month were cut in half at the waist and had their limbs chopped off, DailyMail.com can reveal. 

Their official cause of death is still pending......

The grieving mother is having trouble coping with the horrific news, saying she not only had to learn her son had been murdered, but having to hear that his body was cut in two has been just too much to handle. 

'It's something your read about on the news, about what they did to my son and his friends,' she said. 

'To chop a body is half is what the drug cartels do to the dead. Whoever did this clearly wanted to send a message.'

'My son never misses his work shift and he had to work at 11pm that Sunday. He doesn't own a car, so I take him to work, Alex is 29 years old.

'When he didn't show up for me to take him to work on Sunday evening, I became worried. 

'A few hours later I went to the Okmulgee Police department and reported him missing.'

Stevens said that Alex did not have his cell phone on him because he had 'run out of minutes,' but had his backpack and wallet.

'Even if they were up there at the salvage yard up to no good or drugs were in involved, no one deserved to die,' she said. 

According to neighborhoodscout.com, Okmulgee has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – with a crime rate of 51 per one thousand residents. 

There is a one in 20 chance of becoming a victim of either a violent crime or property crime. 

More than 96 per cent of the communities in the whole state have a lower crime rate than Okmulgee. 

[Linked Image from i.dailymail.co.uk]
The abandoned house where the four men were said to hang out in Okmulgee