Home
OKMULGEE, Okla. (KFOR) – The Okmulgee Police said they have discovered human remains in their search for four missing men in the area.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The news comes as investigators have been canvassing the area all week looking for 32-year-old Mark Chastain, 30-year-old Billy Chastain, 32-year-old Mike Sparks, and 29-year-old Alex Stevens, who were reported missing on Monday by their families.

The Okmulgee Police Department previously confirmed the four were close friends and were believed to have left Billy Chastain’s house on the west side of Okmulgee on Sunday night, and all were reportedly on bicycles.

The discovery was made before 2p.m. Friday afternoon in a river that goes over Sharp Road, southwest of Okmulgee; a passerby told investigators they noticed something “suspicious” protruding out of the water and called the police.

“Officers responded and discovered what appears to be multiple human remains in the river [but] We don’t know that this is our missing men yet,” said Okmulgee Police Chief Joe Prentice, adding that multiple agencies, including the Oklahoma Highway Patrol Boat Team, were at the river to assist with the recovery process.

Phone data previously suggested that the men may have ridden out of town in the opposite direction of the river, and police said they hadn’t considered the area where the river is located.

“If it turns out that these four missing men are the remains in the river, then the focus of our investigation will shift from finding them to what happened to them [but] if it’s not them, then we’re back to square one,” Prentice continued.

While it is not yet known if the remains found were that of the missing men, Chief Prentice said the decision to inform the families of the men before the remains were positively identified was out of respect.

“We have more questions than answers,” added Prentice in a press conference Friday.

“At this time, we cannot make an identification, but out of respect, we let the families know before it was officially announced.”
Tweakers. Dope deal gone bad.
Sasquatch got em.
Posted By: JeffA Re: Four Men Missing in Oklahoma - 10/15/22
and all were reportedly on bicycles.

a passerby told investigators they noticed something “suspicious” protruding out of the water and called the police.

Damn bicyclists again!
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
OKMULGEE, Okla. (KFOR) – The Okmulgee Police said they have discovered human remains in their search for four missing men in the area.

The news comes as investigators have been canvassing the area all week looking for 32-year-old Mark Chastain, 30-year-old Billy Chastain, 32-year-old Mike Sparks, and 29-year-old Alex Stevens, who were reported missing on Monday by their families.

The Okmulgee Police Department previously confirmed the four were close friends and were believed to have left Billy Chastain’s house on the west side of Okmulgee on Sunday night, and all were reportedly on bicycles.

The discovery was made before 2p.m. Friday afternoon in a river that goes over Sharp Road, southwest of Okmulgee; a passerby told investigators they noticed something “suspicious” protruding out of the water and called the police.

“Officers responded and discovered what appears to be multiple human remains in the river [but] We don’t know that this is our missing men yet,” said Okmulgee Police Chief Joe Prentice, adding that multiple agencies, including the Oklahoma Highway Patrol Boat Team, were at the river to assist with the recovery process.

Phone data previously suggested that the men may have ridden out of town in the opposite direction of the river, and police said they hadn’t considered the area where the river is located.

“If it turns out that these four missing men are the remains in the river, then the focus of our investigation will shift from finding them to what happened to them [but] if it’s not them, then we’re back to square one,” Prentice continued.

While it is not yet known if the remains found were that of the missing men, Chief Prentice said the decision to inform the families of the men before the remains were positively identified was out of respect.

“We have more questions than answers,” added Prentice in a press conference Friday.

“At this time, we cannot make an identification, but out of respect, we let the families know before it was officially announced.”

Sunday choir boys ?
Tweakers and homeless guys (big overlap) commonly ride bicycles now, and around here of late they’re mostly Spanish-speaking foreign Nationals.

Kinda sucks, makes me more of a target riding around after dark, my bicycle is a valued commodity.
Probably blocking the road on their bikes and came out 2nd place.
Who'd a thunk it!
I live in Okra-homo! I could go missing from this state and never cry! LOL!
What am I thinking?
I came up here from Texas!
I've killed more deer, bigger deer and better bucks in 20 years up here than I did in Texas in 52 years!
...but the whole damned state is a humongous meth lab.
Lady that runs the local convenience store was once charged with hauling a dead body around for 3 days! They couldn't find a crime, so she walked! 🤯
Originally Posted by martinstrummer
Who'd a thunk it!
What am I thinking?
I've killed more deer, bigger deer and better bucks in 20 years up here than I did in Texas in 52 years!
Lady that runs the local convenience store was once charged with hauling a dead body around for 3 days! They couldn't find a crime, so she walked! 🤯

Between all the Rez folks and the black gangs in OKC & Tulsa, I’m SHOCKED! Not. 😬
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Sunday choir boys ?

Look kinda rough.

Who knows.
Four 30 year old men riding bikes after dark.

Nope, nothing suspicious about that at all. Probably going fishing.
Originally Posted by Morewood

People on bikes here have lost their license due to DUI.
Sounds like a real life situation like in that fictional series Ozark
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Tweakers and homeless guys (big overlap) commonly ride bicycles now, and around here of late they’re mostly Spanish-speaking foreign Nationals. . .

The thieves and the dopers around here all ride bicycles.
There was a heroin dealer/user across the way that was
also a sort of bicycle broker in a bassakwards way.
They have those big u-bolt bike locks that they use as
their weapons, kinda like the psuedo skateboarders
use their stuff as an impact weapon. ( doesn't work
too well on a kid with an AR huh? Woops . . . )
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

They don’t ride Mopeds like Flave ? 😂😂😂
Originally Posted by flagstaff
Sounds like a real life situation like in that fictional series Ozark

LOL !
Posted By: MLC Re: Four Men Missing in Oklahoma - 10/16/22
Wouldn’t doubt if fentanyl was involved.

Jim, do they put snow tires on their bikes in the winter time?
Originally Posted by Oldman03

Hahaha!

I will ask!
Looks like a win to me.

Could we possibly get lucky and send away 4 more distinguished citizens for their murders?
Originally Posted by Oldman03

Hahaha!

I will ask!

https://www.bobscycle.com/offroad/parts/tires-wheels/ice-studs.html
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Sunday choir boys ?

Ha Ha good one.
Originally Posted by Ranger99
Tweakers and homeless guys (big overlap) commonly ride bicycles now, and around here of late they’re mostly Spanish-speaking foreign Nationals. . .

I live near a small town.
There is an entire society that can't afford vehicles. Therefore, they remove the mowing deck from riding lawnmowers and voila! Transportation! 😃
John is the local dealer/head mechanic. Toothless meth head with a prison record.

Neat view!
Boy friend driving down the street, headed to the local Hop & Sak. Sweetie Pie is sitting on the hood, holding her purse and smoking a cigarette.
At the store, he stops, she jumps off and goes inside.
Five minutes later she reappears with two packs of the cheapest cigs they carry and a six pack of "Old Rooster Toot". Mama hops on the hood, lights up another cheroot and pops a top.
Papa lights up, drinks up, cranks up and the two of them trundle off down the street to work on another IRS deduction and EBT raise!
Certainly don’t look like serious cyclists to me! Hmmmm.

There is an entire society that can't afford vehicles. Therefore, they remove the mowing deck from riding lawnmowers and voila! Transportation! 😃
John is the local dealer/head mechanic. Toothless meth head with a prison record.

Neat view!
Boy friend driving down the street, headed to the local Hop & Sak. Sweetie Pie is sitting on the hood, holding her purse and smoking a cigarette.
Five minutes later she reappears with two packs of the cheapest cigs they carry and a six pack of "Old Rooster Toot". Mama hops on the hood, lights up another cheroot and pops a top.
Papa lights up, drinks up, cranks up and the two of them trundle off down the street to work on another IRS deduction and EBT raise!

sounds like a Robert Earl Keen song

Neat view!

I'm starting to think Americana is over.
The riding mower motorist is todays opie cunningham I rekon.
Posted By: DMc Re: Four Men Missing in Oklahoma - 10/16/22
4 murders of 30 yo men is national news worthy. Sumbish.....
Martinstrummer, you Crack me up. That or bring me to tears. Jesus come back!
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
My nana uses a deckless mower for farm and neighborhood transportation
Originally Posted by slumlord

Is nana -grandmaw?
Originally Posted by ol_mike

Is nana -grandmaw?
Ain’t my people. In laws

Got pic with deck still on. She headed to the pool.

Uh, has anyone seen Paul?
10>FO

My people call it a MORE/MOOR lawn-more,, yours?
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

No, they were occupying the lane until they were sure they had been seen, before moving over to the side of the lane, because motorists are wrong if they get PO’d.
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

Neat view!

sounds like a Robert Earl Keen song

I could definitely use a little royalty money! 😃

Originally Posted by rufous
Martinstrummer, you Crack me up. That or bring me to tears. Jesus come back!

Easily entertained, huh?
Guess so, at times anyway.

Deliverance?

Oklahoma hillbillies = N. Georgia hillbillies?
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

No, they were occupying the lane until they were sure they had been seen, before moving over to the side of the lane, because motorists are wrong if they get PO’d.

So in your estimation, a biker needs to ride all the way over to the side amidst the gravel and debris even with no traffic on the road? And moving over when a car or truck approaches should piss off the driver?
Originally Posted by smokepole
So in your estimation, a biker needs to ride all the way over to the side amidst the gravel and debris even with no traffic on the road? And moving over when a car or truck approaches should piss off the driver?

In my estimation you are looking for a pi$$ing match 🙂

I’m just quoting Paul who may be hacked a present.

You don’t ride in traffic anyhoo, ‘cause you too know it ain’t if, it’s when 😉
Like their ain't any drug involvement...
Someone or someone,s did in them 4 dipschits...
They got what they deserved from whomever....

Fuuk em..
Chances are some of em had bullschit SSI disabilty pay and all of em had EBT cards..

Save about 1/100th of a cent on what I'm gonna owe unca peckerhead for taxes this year is how I look at it with them 4 dead.

👍👍👍
Originally Posted by smokepole

In my estimation you are looking for a pi$$ing match 🙂

You don’t ride in traffic anyhoo, ‘cause you too know it ain’t if, it’s when 😉

I think we've been through this once before. I do ride on the road to get to and from various trails. I think you knew that. Just had a flat tire on the road last night as a matter of fact.

As far as "looking for a pissing match," no I'm not. Just calling a spade a spade.

You're not very good at those anyway, dollars to donuts you ain't the coach of the HS debate team.

And this is priceless:

You're taking a jab at a guy who's not even posting on this thread and I'm the one who's looking for a pissing match. Hilarious.
Well I expect Paul will be back directly after he gets in hacked if such is indeed the case.

I cited Paul exactly, from his own words. In your own case you’re more interested in put downs <“shrug”>

I’ve flatted on a number of different tire brands over the previous nine years and 20-25,000 miles. I do spend a lot of time far right or off the asphalt entirely so roadside debris is frequent. I’ve had my best luck on Schwalbes, the German brand.

Just now I’m on 700x35 Schwalbe Marathon Mondials, ain’t flatted at all in three years and maybe 5,000 miles. I dunno that Mondials come in the width you might be riding on but anything top of the line Schwalbe is good.

https://www.schwalbetires.com/

Thing is tho, if you’re on premium tires, IME anything that does get through most often totals the tire. I carry a couple of dollar bills in my toolkit to fold up and use as a temporary patch over the tear in the tire to get me home.
Originally Posted by gkt5450
Yep!
No Spandex! laugh
Who'd a thunk it!
What am I thinking?

How long have you lived in McCurtain County?
Posted By: Steve Re: Four Men Missing in Oklahoma - 10/16/22
Noodlers.
nypost.com

Police on Monday confirmed that the bodies pulled from an Oklahoma river last week were the four missing bicyclists — and revealed that the men had been shot and dismembered while on their way to commit a crime.

Okmulgee Police Chief Joe Prentice said the human remains pulled from the Deep Fork River on Friday belonged to Mark Chastain, 32, his brother Billy Chastain, 30, Mike Sparks, 32, and Alex Stevens, 29.

He said authorities believe that the cyclists had been in the process of committing a crime when they went missing on a bike ride from one of their houses last Sunday evening.

“We believe the men planned to commit some kind of criminal act when they left the resident on West 6th Street,” Prentice told reporters.

“That belief is based on information supplied by a witness who reports they were invited to go with the men to ‘hit a lick’ big enough for all of them,” he said, using slang for obtaining money illegally.

One of the victims’ phones last pinged at a salvage yard owned by a person of interest in the case, Joe Kennedy, officials said.

The men planned to “hit a lick,” slang for obtaining money illegally, Okmulgee Police Chief Joe Prentice said.

A search of a nearby scrap yard turned up evidence of a “violent event,” and police were looking to speak to Kennedy, who had been interviewed by cops Friday before going missing a day later, police said.

Kennedy was not considered a suspect, but was possibly suicidal, according to Prentice.

Local, state and federal investigators said they believed they pulled the last of the victims’ dismembered body parts from the river Monday morning.

Prentice said the remains had likely been in the water since last Sunday and were not weighed down. The victims’ bicycles had not been recovered, nor had a murder weapon, according to police.

“I did speak with the family members,” Prentice said. “I think they had already resolved themselves that this was their loved ones, but the additional information about dismemberment was obviously a shock and they were very distraught.”

“I’ve worked over 80 murders in my career. I have worked murders involving multiple victims. I have worked dismemberments. But this case involves the highest number of victims and it’s a very violent event. So I can’t say I’ve never worked anything like it, but it’s right up there at the top.”
4 less thugs in the world.

No loss.
A cop in the town where I attended high school found a local drug dealer shot and sunk in his pickup truck at the end of a boat launching ramp. He called it a "public service murder"- - - - -saved the community a bunch of money to jail and feed the scumbag for the rest of his miserable life!
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/17/us/oklahoma-bodies-river.html

Four Friends Missing in Oklahoma Found Dismembered, Police Say

A witness had been invited to join the men to “hit a lick big enough for all of them,” or to engage in some kind of criminal behavior, a police chief said on Monday.

By Michael Levenson
Oct. 17, 2022
Updated 5:48 p.m. ET
The mysterious disappearance of four friends in Oklahoma took a grim turn on Monday after the police confirmed that their remains had been found in a river after they had been fatally shot and then dismembered.

Joe Prentice, the police chief in Okmulgee, a city of about 11,000 people about 40 miles south of Tulsa, said at a news conference on Monday that the remains had been identified as those of Mark Chastain, 32; Billy Chastain, 30; Mike Sparks, 32; and Alex Stevens, 29, all of Okmulgee. The chief said the Chastains were brothers.

Chief Prentice said that investigators believed the men had planned to “commit some type of criminal act” after they left Billy Chastain’s home on Okmulgee’s west side around 8 p.m. on Oct. 9. All four were reportedly riding bicycles, the police said.

Their plan to engage in criminal activity was based on information from a witness who had been invited to join the men to “hit a lick big enough for all of them,” the chief said, quoting the witness.

“That is common terminology for engaging in some type of criminal behavior, but we do not know what they were planning or where they planned to do it,” he added.

The men had been reported missing last week after they left Billy Chastain’s home, the police said.

Mark Chastain’s wife, Jessica, told 2 News Oklahoma last week that her husband had parked his car at a house owned by the Chastain family on Sunday. The four men often spent time there, she said.

“They don’t go far — never,” Ms. Chastain told the news station.

On Friday, a passer-by noticed something suspicious in the Deep Fork River, leading investigators to find what appeared to be human remains protruding from the water.

But it wasn’t until Monday that the police confirmed the identities of the remains. Chief Prentice said it took some time to make the identification because all four had gunshot wounds and had apparently been dumped in the river after they were dismembered.

Chief Prentice said that the police were looking for the owner of a local salvage yard, Joe Kennedy, whom he described as a “person of interest” in the investigation. Mr. Kennedy’s salvage yard is next to a property where investigators discovered “evidence of a violent event,” the chief said, without elaborating.

He said that a signal from Mark Chastain’s cellphone had pinged at and around the salvage yard. No charges have been filed and the cause and manner of the deaths have yet to be determined, the chief said.

When Mr. Kennedy spoke to investigators on Friday, he denied knowing the men, Chief Prentice said, adding that he had no reason to believe the men had any relationship with Mr. Kennedy. On Saturday, Mr. Kennedy was reported missing and he may be suicidal, the chief said.

There was no immediate response on Monday afternoon to a text message sent to a number listed for a salvage yard under Mr. Kennedy’s name. Later Monday, the chief said that Mr. Kennedy’s car had been found “abandoned” behind a business in Morris, Okla., about six miles east of Okmulgee.

Investigators have not recovered the gun used in the killings, Chief Prentice said. They also have not yet found the bicycles that the men had reportedly been riding.

“Unfortunately, I have no description of the bicycles,” Chief Prentice said. “At least one, and we believe all, of the boys had multiple bicycles, and there’s no way to know which ones they were on.”

Chief Prentice said that the investigation was continuing and that the police were waiting for cellphone records and had requested video surveillance from businesses in the area. He said his best guess was that the men’s remains were dumped in the river on the night of Oct. 9 or the morning of Oct. 10.
Surprised they and their bicycles weren't fed to the metal crusher or grinder if it happened in a salvage yard.

Or, is "salvage yard" Oklahoma-ese for a tweeker's back 40?
Them boys went out to "hit a lick." They didn't look like they were collecting for the Salvation Army.
Chief Prentice said that the police were looking for the owner of a local salvage yard, Joe Kennedy, whom he described as a “person of interest” in the investigation. Mr. Kennedy’s salvage yard is next to a property where investigators discovered “evidence of a violent event,” the chief said, without elaborating.

wonder if the old boy caught them and shot them, then panicked and tried to hide the bodies?
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Surprised they and their bicycles weren't fed to the metal crusher or grinder if it happened in a salvage yard.

Most likely scenario.

Sounds like an episode of Netflix’s “Ozark”

Like Barry said, no great loss. Just 4 less thugs off the street.
Originally Posted by Sycamore

wonder if the old boy caught them and shot them, then panicked and tried to hide the bodies?

Don't sound like he panicked at all, just took care of the business at hand. Like we should all be doing now that the politicians have shut the police dept down and we're on our own.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Four Men Missing in Oklahoma - 10/17/22
Relatives should be along shortly to tell us that while they may have made some bad choices in the past, they were really great guys who would do anything for anyone and had recently really turned their lives around.
Their pitbulls will be taken to the local animal shelter for adoption.
“hit a lick big enough for all of them,”

Sounds more like they ran into John Wick.
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Who'd a thunk it!
What am I thinking?

Right side of the state, too far east. We're over in wheat country.
South of Chickasha.

Some of these "salvage yards" buy stolen cat converters. I wonder if the four guys learned that there was a crate full of these stolen cats down there, they went in to steal them and the owner caught them and shot them down.
Originally Posted by Tide_Change

Ha. Pure genius.
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Don't sound like he panicked at all, just took care of the business at hand. Like we should all be doing now that the politicians have shut the police dept down and we're on our own.

Yep. Buncha tweakers pussies fugked with wrong old man. I’d bet at least two of them had a neck tattoo.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Most likely scenario.

Sounds like an episode of Netflix’s “Ozark”

Like Barry said, no great loss. Just 4 less thugs off the street.

May be 5, pending the outcome on Mr. Kennedy.
How many catalytic converters can you steal while riding a bicycle? Sort of like the guy who was found at the bottom of the river wrapped in 20 feet of log chain- - - - - - -"Dam fool stole more chain than he could swim away with!"
Posted By: okie Re: Four Men Missing in Oklahoma - 10/18/22
10>FO

My peeps call it a MORE/MOOR lawn-more,, yours?
fixed it for ya
Who'd a thunk it!
What am I thinking?

South of Chickasha.

Ninekah or Rush ? Inquiring minds... eek
Originally Posted by okie
10>FO

My peeps call it a MORE/MOOR lawn-more,, yours?
fixed it for ya

That does sound cool,, thanks

Hey should I go with thx^ ? Instead of writing the whole word?
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Four Men Missing in Oklahoma - 10/18/22

And quickly adopted as gentle family pets.
Did they go for a “bike” ride or a “bicycle” ride?
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Four Men Missing in Oklahoma - 10/18/22
Plan fell apart and they went all to pieces.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/oklahoma...our-men-locate-dismembered-remains-river

lololololol

There is an A & A Auto Salvage in Okmulgee OK operated by a Joe Kennedy. Seems not a good place to do some late night shopping. Maybe some of those stores in San Francisco that get overrun by shoppers could use a man like Mr. Kennedy.
Sounds like their plans did not work out so well
Who'd a thunk it!
What am I thinking?

South of Chickasha.

Sugden. You know it?
https://www.newson6.com/story/634e1...gee-police-continue-murder-investigation

OKMULGEE, Okla. - The families of four men missing are devastated to find out not only were the men murdered, but their bodies were dismembered.
Family members had been hoping for the best and now, they’re filled with grief and shock.

“There's gonna be that void, there's gonna be that hole, there's gonna be just that memory. It's all we got now, the memories of them, and it hurts,” said Ashley Carnes, Mark & Billy Chastain's cousin.

Police now want to talk to the person of interest in this case, Joe Kennedy, who owns the salvage yard next to a property where investigators found blood.

Police said they questioned Joseph Lloyd Kennedy II once and he denied knowing the four men, but now they want to talk to him again. However, no one has seen him for three days and those who reported him missing said he could be suicidal.

Officers did find his blue PT Cruiser Monday afternoon abandoned behind a business in Morris.

"Mr. Kennedy is a person of interest that we would like to talk to and currently not a suspect,” said Chief Joe Prentice, Okmulgee Police Department.

Police said the four missing men, Mark Chastain and his brother Billy, Mike Sparks and Alex Stevens all had gunshot wounds and their bodies were dismembered before being dumped in the Deep Fork River.

"It would take a considerable amount of time to put the bodies in the condition that they were and then dump them in the river," said Chief Prentice.

Records show Kennedy is a convicted felon currently serving a 10-year deferred sentence for a previous shooting at his salvage yard back in 2012 which expires next May. That time, six men broke into his business, A&A Salvage and he shot at them, hitting one, who survived. All six were charged with burglary.

Kennedy was also charged in 1998 in Okmulgee County with attempting to receive stolen property.

Police said they are still piecing together exactly what the four men had planned and what led to their deaths.

"We believe the men planned to commit some type of criminal act when they left the residence on west 6th street. That is based on information supplied by a witness who reports they were invited to go with the men to quote on quote hit a lick big enough for all of them,” said Chief Prentice.

Chief Joe Prentice said their search didn’t turn up anything at Kennedy's salvage yard, but they did find blood at an adjoining property.

“A very methodical search was conducted Saturday at the salvage yard on 20th street as well as the surrounding properties. Nothing remarkable was observed inside the salvage yard but evidence of a violent event was discovered on an adjoining property,” said Chief Prentice. "I’ve worked over 80 murders in my career. I have worked murders involving multiple victims. I have worked dismemberments, but this case involves the highest number of victims and it’s a very violent event, so I can’t say I’ve never worked anything like it but it’s right up there at the top.”

Chief Prentice said they are conducting interviews, looking through more surveillance footage and waiting on phone records.

If you have seen Kennedy or have any information that could help with this investigation, call the police.
Boys being boys.
Heck, along with the other 4 stooges if Kennedy kills himself it sounds like it will be a clean sweep and crime will go down in that area considerably
Another Dahmer situation?
Posted By: JeffA Re: Four Men Missing in Oklahoma - 10/18/22
Makes me wonder what Kennedy really had going on at his salvage yard other that auto salvage.
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
How many catalytic converters can you steal while riding a bicycle? Sort of like the guy who was found at the bottom of the river wrapped in 20 feet of log chain- - - - - - -"Dam fool stole more chain than he could swim away with!"

They could ride out there and steal the cats, and hide them in the woods, and then return at midnight in the pickup and load them up. It is hard to imagine what else of value would be in a junkyard.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/17/us/oklahoma-bodies-river.html

“Unfortunately, I have no description of the bicycles,” Chief Prentice said. “At least one, and we believe all, of the boys had multiple bicycles, and there’s no way to know which ones they were on.”

Four desperados set out on bicycles crazy it does sound like a miniseries of some sort.

Surprising to me how quickly it seems the Homeless/Tweaker/Druggie set transitioned to bicycles, here and apparently everywhere else, but then everyone has cell phones, ideas spread fast.
Records show Kennedy is a convicted felon currently serving a 10-year deferred sentence for a previous shooting at his salvage yard back in 2012 which expires next May. That time, six men broke into his business, A&A Salvage and he shot at them, hitting one, who survived. All six were charged with burglary.

Somebody's been practicing!
Whatever it was they were after, they managed to get someone terribly excited.

They could ride out there and steal the cats, and hide them in the woods, and then return at midnight in the pickup and load them up. It is hard to imagine what else of value would be in a junkyard.

Most of the time the local low-life conventional wisdom is that “Ratty lookin’ ole Arnold, has the junk yard? Sheeet, that man has more money ‘n all of us put together…cash, too…he don’t put it in the bank else he’d hafta pay taxes on it “
Who'd a thunk it!
What am I thinking?

South of Chickasha.

Sugden. You know it?

South of Waurika . Don't know the town at all but we use Doc Clark as our vet in Waurika regularly. We live south of Devol on the river in Cotton Co.
Posted By: Osky Re: Four Men Missing in Oklahoma - 10/18/22
Originally Posted by rainshot

What is there to steal in a junkyard that can be carried away on bicycles other than cash on hand? Serious question.

Osky
Meth or Fentanyl?
The only problem with that is one of the dead guys had his cell phone ping him being at the junk yard. That brought the cops right to his door, where it sounds like they found enough evidence to put him away.
Originally Posted by Osky
Originally Posted by rainshot

What is there to steal in a junkyard that can be carried away on bicycles other than cash on hand? Serious question.

Osky
One report I read said they were pulling trailers with the bicycles. Is there such a thing as a cargo trailer for a bicycle?
Osky[/quote]
One report I read said they were pulling trailers with the bicycles. Is there such a thing as a cargo trailer for a bicycle?[/quote]

Yes there are such trailers
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Meth or Fentanyl?

Very likely, ol' Kennedy might have been cooking/dealing.
The killing doesn't sound like a one-man job either. Hopefully, this nets several more criminal types.
Originally Posted by cra1948

Most of the time the local low-life conventional wisdom is that “Ratty lookin’ ole Arnold, has the junk yard? Sheeet, that man has more money ‘n all of us put together…cash, too…he don’t put it in the bank else he’d hafta pay taxes on it “
Lots of possible truth to this. Years ago a guy with a wrecker and salvage was known for carrying a big wad of cash when he’d buy cars and tow them off. Someone called in for a tow out in the sticks late at night and when he showed up they shot him and his grandson before rifling through their pockets and the wrecker looking for that wad of cash.

And in the mind of a scumbag meth monster $500 is a bunch of cash.

Gotta love the fire though. Junk man shoots some guys up a decade ago for trying to rob him and he gets popped with a felony. Ten years later they read that he was a felon and he’s just another scumbag. Maybe he was, I didn’t know him, but we read all the time on here about how they aught to just shoot theives. 🤷🏼‍♂️
We don't have all that in Southern Oklahoma.....clean livin is what does it.
Hard case to guess at until all the facts are revealed.

Sounds like the cops have plenty of evidence to proceed.

The salvage yard guy could be as much of an outlaw as those 4 guys that appear to have had intent of committing some sorta crime, maybe against him.

His legal history don't tell me all that much.

Kennedy was also charged in 1998 in Okmulgee County with attempting to receive stolen property.

Attempting to receive stolen property 24 years ago?

Probably not a salvage yard in the country that hasn't ended up with a stolen car in their yard at one point or another.

Shooting and injuring one out of 6 guys that were robbing him in 2012 earned him a 10 year deferred sentence?

Guess he wasn't allowed to defend his property by force where he resides, probably landed him felony charge and he lost his right to own a firearm.

All that BS just tells me he wouldn't be incline to call the cops to protect him or his property real quick.

When the facts come out it might paint a more understandable picture.

If they can prove he shot all 4 of these guys then chopped them up and tossed them in river he'll probably have a difficult time defending himself, even on a good day.
Lol, he chopped them up because he knew he'd get in trouble for defending his property just like the first time. The legal system left him no choice.
If I was on his jury I’d at least hang the jury. Even if he is shady AF. Those four got exactly what they deserved.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Lol, he chopped them up because he knew he'd get in trouble for defending his property just like the first time. The legal system left him no choice.

Exactly!

He needed to own some pigs.

Simple as that..
If this was over catalytic converters which I would bet it was I'm guessing one or more of these 4 deceased gentlemen had been selling converters to Mr. Kennedy and knew about where they were kept. This wouldn't be anywhere close to the first time thieves went back to rob their receiver (fence) of stolen goods.

Scrap collectors in our neck of the woods are 90+% thieves. My neighbor and I did the leg work for our local sheriff to get a church propane tank and my Honda Recon located at the hideout of some scrap collectors. They were all on probation and now 5 of our finest are in jail for the last 7 months. They are comprised of a 50 year old father and 3 of his young adult illegitimate offspring along with a peripheral family member.

One of them has been arrested 3 times robbing the same scrap yard at a local manufacturing plant.
[quote=Sycamore]https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/17/us/oklahoma-bodies-river.html

Four desperados set out on bicycles crazy it does sound like a miniseries of some sort.

I can see Hollywood falling all over this..... "Easy Rider II"
A lot of metal recyclers don't particularly care where the stuff they process comes from, or whether or not it was obtained legally by the people who drag the stuff in. While I was working as a Diesel mechanic in a shop in southern Illinois, an owner-operator of a raggedy old truck showed up with a major engine failure and no money to fix it. The owner of the shop offered to "dispose" of the truck and trailer and pay the guy a part of the scrap metal price he could get from a shredder in another town. No, the guy didn't own the trailer!
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
4 less thugs in the world.

No loss.

That's what I was thinking.
Kennedy arrested in Florida https://kfor.com/news/local/okmulge...d-in-florida-on-grand-theft-auto-charge/
It'll be interesting to see if Mr. Kennedy is smart enough to remain silent.
Make them prove he did it, if they got him, they got him, if not every word he utters will work against him.

When the cops interviewed him before he left for his Florida vacation he claimed he didn't even know who those four were.
4 scumballs dead.
1 scumball on his way to jail then prison.

👍👍👍
I'd like to see a few Mr. Kennedy's open shop around here.
Bet they don't try to hit a lick no more.
About 2012 era.
3 morons...
Cut like 80 some odd converters off the busses at the main school bus center on Madison st / 41 A
Went to Heimshons salvage on the bypass.
The owner told the 3 idiots he didnt have enough cash on hand and had to go to the bank and would be back in 20 30 mins with it.
Just told the morons to wait for him to come back.
They waited....
He came back with about 4 Clarkvegas Police cruisers..
Boyfriend, girlfriend and his mom .
Wearing county inmate orange...
🤣🤣🤣
Originally Posted by renegade50
4 scumballs dead.
1 scumball on his way to jail then prison.

👍👍👍

Maybe not, he looks suicidal to me. Hopefully, he gives up any accomplice(s).
Metal scrapyards make lots of money from big businesses. Tax laws are so convoluted that it’s more profitable to scrap new motors, bearings, shafting, etc. whenever a factory shuts down an assembly line and retools.
Any news on this case? Here is what I'm guessing. 4 known criminals knew Joe Kennedy had a bunch of catalytic converters. They probably had sold him some and knew where he kept them. They set out on their bicycles with trailers using bicycles for stealth. The man they invited to go (but he declined) called Joe and warned him. This wasn't Joe's first rodeo and he knew he was up against 4 young men. He may or may not have planned to kill them but whatever transpired, he did. A man like Joe from past experience probably did not expect a fair shake from the law so he got rid of the bodies.

The case will be interesting if a real good homicide defense attorney gets on the case.
Posted By: JeffA Re: Four Men Missing in Oklahoma - 10/20/22
They need to produce enough evidence to tie Kennedy to the mess they found on a property that wasn't his first.

So far the man's claimed not to know who those guys were.
Originally Posted by JeffA
They need to produce enough evidence to tie Kennedy to the mess they found on a property that wasn't his first.

So far the man's claimed not to know who those guys were.

Yep! And the whole world knows that these four were going that salvage yard to commit a serious crime. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Mr Kennedy walk away from this.
Posted By: okie Re: Four Men Missing in Oklahoma - 10/20/22
Originally Posted by TheKid

Lots of possible truth to this. Years ago a guy with a wrecker and salvage was known for carrying a big wad of cash when he’d buy cars and tow them off. Someone called in for a tow out in the sticks late at night and when he showed up they shot him and his grandson before rifling through their pockets and the wrecker looking for that wad of cash.

Gotta love the fire though. Junk man shoots some guys up a decade ago for trying to rob him and he gets popped with a felony. Ten years later they read that he was a felon and he’s just another scumbag. Maybe he was, I didn’t know him, but we read all the time on here about how they aught to just shoot theives. 🤷🏼‍♂️

That was Mr. Parham and grandson (just a young child) from south of Anadarko.
Catalytic converters are way too much work for these types.

They would have more likely been after money or drugs or both.
Sounds like the junk man has little patience for thieves. After he was charged with handling the prior crooks, he didn’t want anything to do with the system the second time around.
Originally Posted by TheKid

That was Mr. Parham and grandson (just a young child) from south of Anadarko.
Yes that was him. You must be a pretty close neighbor to me.
For the Bill Hader fans…

Makes me wonder what Kennedy really had going on at his salvage yard other that auto salvage.

Yeah this story doesn't add up. You don't murder four men and cut them up and throw 'em in the river because they were stealing your catalytic converters.
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard

Yeah this story doesn't add up. You don't murder four men and cut them up and throw 'em in the river because they were stealing your catalytic converters.

Why not? Good a reason as any.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Sounds like the junk man has little patience for thieves. After he was charged with handling the prior crooks, he didn’t want anything to do with the system the second time around.

Maybe they had guns and he'll claim self defense, but you can't shoot someone just because they are stealing on your property. And then you have the chopped up bodies in the river bit. This guy is an idiot and he's gonna get all the system he can eat.

Why not? Good a reason as any.

I don't know, but that's a lot of work.
Dixie Mafia (which is really just a loose collection of lowlifes) and/or cartel stuff.

It ain't like butchering a deer. It don't have to be pretty.
Some people have probably never picked up a catalytic converter and carried it very far.

True, but why bother with chopping 'em up anyway if you 're just gonna chuck everything in that little ass river that looks more like a creek?

True, but why bother with chopping 'em up anyway if you 're just gonna chuck everything in that little ass river that looks more like a creek?

Yup. Didn't Kennedy have a backhoe somewhere around the junkyard?
Sounds like it should be called "The reckon yard" LOL
Originally Posted by Oldidaho

Yup. Didn't Kennedy have a backhoe somewhere around the junkyard?

[Linked Image]

A sawzall and a couple of fully charged batteries can have the thugs processed into manageable chunks.
Posted By: JeffA Re: Four Men Missing in Oklahoma - 10/21/22
Joseph Kennedy II, 67, of Okmulgee, Oklahoma, was being held without bond Friday at the Volusia County Branch Jail, where he has been since his arrest Tuesday when he was stopped driving a stolen truck he said belonged to a friend, the affidavit stated. 

Daytona Beach Shores Police Officer Laura Diedesch received an alert about 8:29 a.m. Tuesday from a license plate reader that a black Toyota Tundra with Oklahoma plates had been reported stolen, according to the charging affidavit. 

Kennedy said the Toyota Tundra belonged to a friend, according to the affidavit. Kennedy said that about two months ago, the friend said he could use the truck “whenever he wanted,” the affidavit stated.

Kennedy told police he went to the Tundra owner's house on Oct. 14 and, without telling his friend, drove off in the vehicle, the affidavit stated. He said the keys were in the truck. 

Kennedy told police that “he intended to drive to Florida for the weekend.
Posted By: JeffA Re: Four Men Missing in Oklahoma - 10/21/22
They cut their bodies in half at the waist.' Devastated mother of one of four murdered friends found dismembered and dumped in Oklahoma river tells how they were shot 'multiple times' with one victim's arm 'chopped off' to 'send a message'

The four men who were found dismembered and dumped in an Oklahoma river earlier this month were cut in half at the waist and had their limbs chopped off, DailyMail.com can reveal. 

Their official cause of death is still pending......

The grieving mother is having trouble coping with the horrific news, saying she not only had to learn her son had been murdered, but having to hear that his body was cut in two has been just too much to handle. 

'It's something your read about on the news, about what they did to my son and his friends,' she said. 

'To chop a body is half is what the drug cartels do to the dead. Whoever did this clearly wanted to send a message.'

'My son never misses his work shift and he had to work at 11pm that Sunday. He doesn't own a car, so I take him to work, Alex is 29 years old.

'When he didn't show up for me to take him to work on Sunday evening, I became worried. 

'A few hours later I went to the Okmulgee Police department and reported him missing.'

Stevens said that Alex did not have his cell phone on him because he had 'run out of minutes,' but had his backpack and wallet.

'Even if they were up there at the salvage yard up to no good or drugs were in involved, no one deserved to die,' she said. 

According to neighborhoodscout.com, Okmulgee has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – with a crime rate of 51 per one thousand residents. 

There is a one in 20 chance of becoming a victim of either a violent crime or property crime. 

More than 96 per cent of the communities in the whole state have a lower crime rate than Okmulgee. 

[Linked Image from i.dailymail.co.uk]
The abandoned house where the four men were said to hang out in Okmulgee
51 crimes per 1000 people,, note to self , never go to Okmulgee.
Maybe they had guns and he'll claim self defense, but you can't shoot someone just because they are stealing on your property.

IIRC in Texas you can, after dark. CHLinstructor would be more up on this than I am. Dunno the law in Oklahoma but they are a deep Red State.
Originally Posted by gkt5450

Just couldn’t picture them in spandex?
Posted By: JeffA Re: Four Men Missing in Oklahoma - 10/22/22
Their women are chiming in with more details of their lost loved ones.

"Them boys weren't small. They could hold their own. We knew whatever happened to them, it wasn't going to be good."

Alex Stevens pleaded guilty to felony drug charges in 2013 and 2015, and Billy Chastain pleaded guilty to a felony drug charge in 2014.

Alex Stevens worked as a nursing home cook aide, said his widow, Teresa Hall. He struggled with drug addiction, and the two met after he was released from jail in 2013, she said.

They married in 2014 and separated shortly after, said Hall, 35, though they never legally divorced and remained best friends. Stevens had bouts of depression, but "there was never a day he couldn’t put a smile on your face.

The last time Hall spoke to Stevens was three days before he disappeared. They video chatted about how she was doing after her recent release from a drug treatment program, she said.

“He was funny, he was loving, he was spontaneous,” she said. “He was perfect.”

[Linked Image from i.dailymail.co.uk]

Something is making me think half this town could tell ya what the crime they set off to commit was.
Who knew they were great family men?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/more-questions-answers-surround-deaths-234758582.html

This one is really interesting. Occam's razor, or something bigger?
Originally Posted by Beoceorl
[Linked Image]

Extend-a-hoe - $15
The Salvage Yard guy, 67 year old Joseph Kennedy should probably get some kind of award for his efforts.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Who knew they were great family men?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/more-questions-answers-surround-deaths-234758582.html

This one is really interesting. Occam's razor, or something bigger?

Do forget this entire event circles around more bicyclists out causing trouble.
The Salvage Yard guy, 67 year old Joseph Kennedy should probably get some kind of award for his efforts.
I think he is going to get an all expenses paid vacation at a .gov resort.
Alec was 29 years old, doesn't own a car, and doesn't have a regular Iphone, he has a Dollar phone, where you pay 20 bucks at the grocery store for a card for 60 minutes of talking. But his minutes had run out so his phone didn't work.

Sounds like junkie trash.
It's OK now. I heard they chopped their crime rate in half.
Posted By: Lonny Re: Four Men Missing in Oklahoma - 10/22/22

+1 Sometimes good things happen to bad people.
https://tulsaworld.com/news/state-a...9817548-549f-11ed-b403-97843f62f2f1.html

Okmulgee slayings: Victims' families file wrongful death suit against person of interest and his wife

updated Oct 26

Families of three of the four men found dismembered in Okmulgee County this month are suing the “person of interest” police have identified in the criminal case, along with his wife.

The wrongful death petition, filed Tuesday in Okmulgee County, alleges foul play associated with the timing of Joseph and Sandra Kennedy’s actions in relation to the disappearance and subsequent deaths of Billy Chastain, Mark Chastain and Mikel Sparks.

Okmulgee County authorities recovered the Chastains’ remains, as well as those of Sparks and Alex Stevens, from a river about a week after the four were reported missing.

Investigators believe the men left home with a plan to commit some kind of crime, possibly theft, and police reportedly discovered evidence of a violent event while searching a salvage yard owned by Joseph Kennedy.

Joseph Kennedy was arrested on an Oklahoma bench warrant in Florida last week after Okmulgee prosecutors alleged he violated the terms of a 2012 deferred sentence for assault and battery with a dangerous weapon by leaving the state. Okmulgee Police Chief Joe Prentice said last week authorities were working to transfer Joseph Kennedy back to Oklahoma.

The lawsuit filed by attorney Robert Seacat alleges that the Kennedys sold business assets in the days following the men’s disappearance, and that Sandra Kennedy pawned several firearms the week of Joseph Kennedy’s Florida arrest, including a gun that was registered to the wife of one of the victims.

Also the week of Joseph Kennedy’s arrest, Sandra Kennedy filed a petition for divorce in which she asked a judge to award her sole ownership of all the couple’s property.

The families’ lawsuit requests a temporary injunction against the transfer, encumberment or destruction of any and all property owned by the Kennedys as “it is apparent to Plaintiffs that these Defendants intend to defraud Plaintiffs in violation of the Uniform Fraudulent Transfer Act,” the suit states.

The plaintiffs are seeking punitive damages in excess of $75,000 each, claiming Joseph Kennedy’s actions were “intentional and malicious” and “life threatening to humans.”

Joseph Kennedy has not been charged in the men’s deaths.
They still haven't filed murder charges on Kennedy. The wheels of justice turn slowly. Can't wait to find out the entire story.
Meth, or cat converters?
Sounds like they fuuked around and found out
Posted By: JeffA Re: Four Men Missing in Oklahoma - 11/08/22
Kennedy is still in Florida.

His arraignment for extradition isn't scheduled until Dec.20th.
Posted By: JeffA Re: Four Men Missing in Oklahoma - 11/08/22
The plaintiffs are seeking punitive damages in excess of $75,000 each, claiming Joseph Kennedy’s actions were “intentional and malicious” and “life threatening to humans.”

Isn't that what's suppose to happen when 4 guys come in to burglarize your property?
I like him.
The lawsuit filed by attorney Robert Seacat alleges that the Kennedys sold business assets in the days following the men’s disappearance, and that Sandra Kennedy pawned several firearms the week of Joseph Kennedy’s Florida arrest, including a gun that was registered to the wife of one of the victims.

I don't think the Kennedys watch enough true crime shows on television.

pawning a victims gun?

somebody got some 'splainin' to do!
Who files a wrongful death suit looking for $75k? A bunch of low rent bitches are involved in this case.
And the plot sickens
OKMULGEE, Okla. (KFOR) – A man who is a person of interest in the deaths of four Oklahoma men was extradited back to the Sooner State.

Joseph Kennedy, 67, was arrested last month in Daytona Beach Shores after police alleged he was driving a car reported stolen out of Oklahoma.

Police later learned Kennedy was wanted for questioning in connection to the missing men’s murders.

Oklahoma crews preparing for winter storm moving in Monday
32-year-old Mark Chastain, 30-year-old Billy Chastain, 32-year-old Mike Sparks, and 29-year-old Alex Stevens were reported missing after disappearing on Oct. 9. They were last seen riding bikes together.

Their dismembered bodies were found on Oct. 14 in the Deep Fork River in Okmulgee.
Is this the image that was removed in post #1?

[Linked Image from media-cldnry.s-nbcnews.com]
Yes it is. I dumped from my Imgur not sure why, alcohol may have been involved.
Four less douchenozzles robbing catalytic convertors.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Four Men Missing in Oklahoma - 11/15/22
Probably a "crime of passion".
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Not everybody is passionate about the same things, so maybe it was a crime of passion.

Passionate about appropriating other folks property may have been the case here.

I am not sure how the widow can prove damages. Looks like Kennedy may have improved her life.
bond increased to $10 Million

https://www.yourokmulgee.com/news/bond-increased-10-million-kennedy
The indictment can't be far away.
Oklahoma White Trash. Theft over meth, or, cats?
https://www.newson6.com/story/63893...pect-confessed-to-killing-4-okmulgee-men
Kennedy admitted to killing them, because he thought they were stealing from him.
Kennedy admitted to killing them, because he thought they were stealing from him.
he deserves a metal not jail ,we need to go back to public shootings or hangings like they use to hang for horse thieves , put a stop to some of this
https://www.newson6.com/story/638ec...rge-okmulgee-man-with-4-counts-of-murder
A dope dealer with a long rap sheet in the town where I graduated from high school was found in his pickup- - - -about 30 feet deep in a lake off the end of a boat launching ramp. One of the local cops I had a conversation with shortly afterwards called it a "public service murder". I don't think they were looking very hard to find the people responsible for his demise.
He shot them all, and he cut them up.

Four dead Oklahoma white trash.
Joe Kennedy is still in jail with no bond. All for exterminating vermin that were stealing catalytic converters ending a lifetime stealing spree by 4 white trash thieves.
Do you reckon US Senators ride bikes??
Southern Repedalican Senators do.
© 24hourcampfire