Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
How many catalytic converters can you steal while riding a bicycle? Sort of like the guy who was found at the bottom of the river wrapped in 20 feet of log chain- - - - - - -"Dam fool stole more chain than he could swim away with!"

They could ride out there and steal the cats, and hide them in the woods, and then return at midnight in the pickup and load them up. It is hard to imagine what else of value would be in a junkyard.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sycamore
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/17/us/oklahoma-bodies-river.html

“Unfortunately, I have no description of the bicycles,” Chief Prentice said. “At least one, and we believe all, of the boys had multiple bicycles, and there’s no way to know which ones they were on.”

Four desperados set out on bicycles crazy it does sound like a miniseries of some sort.

Surprising to me how quickly it seems the Homeless/Tweaker/Druggie set transitioned to bicycles, here and apparently everywhere else, but then everyone has cell phones, ideas spread fast.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Records show Kennedy is a convicted felon currently serving a 10-year deferred sentence for a previous shooting at his salvage yard back in 2012 which expires next May. That time, six men broke into his business, A&A Salvage and he shot at them, hitting one, who survived. All six were charged with burglary.

Somebody's been practicing!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Whatever it was they were after, they managed to get someone terribly excited.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
How many catalytic converters can you steal while riding a bicycle? Sort of like the guy who was found at the bottom of the river wrapped in 20 feet of log chain- - - - - - -"Dam fool stole more chain than he could swim away with!"

They could ride out there and steal the cats, and hide them in the woods, and then return at midnight in the pickup and load them up. It is hard to imagine what else of value would be in a junkyard.

Most of the time the local low-life conventional wisdom is that “Ratty lookin’ ole Arnold, has the junk yard? Sheeet, that man has more money ‘n all of us put together…cash, too…he don’t put it in the bank else he’d hafta pay taxes on it “

Mathew 22: 37-39

IC B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by martinstrummer
Originally Posted by okie
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Who'd a thunk it!
I live in Okra-homo! I could go missing from this state and never cry! LOL!
What am I thinking?
I came up here from Texas!
I've killed more deer, bigger deer and better bucks in 20 years up here than I did in Texas in 52 years!
...but the whole damned state is a humongous meth lab.
Lady that runs the local convenience store was once charged with hauling a dead body around for 3 days! They couldn't find a crime, so she walked! 🤯

How long have you lived in McCurtain County?

Right side of the state, too far east. We're over in wheat country.
South of Chickasha.

Ninekah or Rush ? Inquiring minds... eek

Sugden. You know it?

South of Waurika . Don't know the town at all but we use Doc Clark as our vet in Waurika regularly. We live south of Devol on the river in Cotton Co.

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by rainshot

What is there to steal in a junkyard that can be carried away on bicycles other than cash on hand? Serious question.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Meth or Fentanyl?

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Chief Prentice said that the police were looking for the owner of a local salvage yard, Joe Kennedy, whom he described as a “person of interest” in the investigation. Mr. Kennedy’s salvage yard is next to a property where investigators discovered “evidence of a violent event,” the chief said, without elaborating.
wonder if the old boy caught them and shot them, then panicked and tried to hide the bodies?
Don't sound like he panicked at all, just took care of the business at hand. Like we should all be doing now that the politicians have shut the police dept down and we're on our own.
The only problem with that is one of the dead guys had his cell phone ping him being at the junk yard. That brought the cops right to his door, where it sounds like they found enough evidence to put him away.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Osky
Originally Posted by rainshot

What is there to steal in a junkyard that can be carried away on bicycles other than cash on hand? Serious question.

Osky
One report I read said they were pulling trailers with the bicycles. Is there such a thing as a cargo trailer for a bicycle?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Osky[/quote]
One report I read said they were pulling trailers with the bicycles. Is there such a thing as a cargo trailer for a bicycle?[/quote]

Yes there are such trailers

NRA Patron
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Meth or Fentanyl?

Very likely, ol' Kennedy might have been cooking/dealing.
The killing doesn't sound like a one-man job either. Hopefully, this nets several more criminal types.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by cra1948
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

Most of the time the local low-life conventional wisdom is that “Ratty lookin’ ole Arnold, has the junk yard? Sheeet, that man has more money ‘n all of us put together…cash, too…he don’t put it in the bank else he’d hafta pay taxes on it “
Lots of possible truth to this. Years ago a guy with a wrecker and salvage was known for carrying a big wad of cash when he’d buy cars and tow them off. Someone called in for a tow out in the sticks late at night and when he showed up they shot him and his grandson before rifling through their pockets and the wrecker looking for that wad of cash.

And in the mind of a scumbag meth monster $500 is a bunch of cash.

Gotta love the fire though. Junk man shoots some guys up a decade ago for trying to rob him and he gets popped with a felony. Ten years later they read that he was a felon and he’s just another scumbag. Maybe he was, I didn’t know him, but we read all the time on here about how they aught to just shoot theives. 🤷🏼‍♂️

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
We don't have all that in Southern Oklahoma.....clean livin is what does it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hard case to guess at until all the facts are revealed.

Sounds like the cops have plenty of evidence to proceed.

The salvage yard guy could be as much of an outlaw as those 4 guys that appear to have had intent of committing some sorta crime, maybe against him.

His legal history don't tell me all that much.

Records show Kennedy is a convicted felon currently serving a 10-year deferred sentence for a previous shooting at his salvage yard back in 2012 which expires next May. That time, six men broke into his business, A&A Salvage and he shot at them, hitting one, who survived. All six were charged with burglary.

Kennedy was also charged in 1998 in Okmulgee County with attempting to receive stolen property.

Attempting to receive stolen property 24 years ago?

Probably not a salvage yard in the country that hasn't ended up with a stolen car in their yard at one point or another.

Shooting and injuring one out of 6 guys that were robbing him in 2012 earned him a 10 year deferred sentence?

Guess he wasn't allowed to defend his property by force where he resides, probably landed him felony charge and he lost his right to own a firearm.

All that BS just tells me he wouldn't be incline to call the cops to protect him or his property real quick.

When the facts come out it might paint a more understandable picture.

If they can prove he shot all 4 of these guys then chopped them up and tossed them in river he'll probably have a difficult time defending himself, even on a good day.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Lol, he chopped them up because he knew he'd get in trouble for defending his property just like the first time. The legal system left him no choice.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
If I was on his jury I’d at least hang the jury. Even if he is shady AF. Those four got exactly what they deserved.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Lol, he chopped them up because he knew he'd get in trouble for defending his property just like the first time. The legal system left him no choice.

Exactly!

He needed to own some pigs.

Simple as that..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If this was over catalytic converters which I would bet it was I'm guessing one or more of these 4 deceased gentlemen had been selling converters to Mr. Kennedy and knew about where they were kept. This wouldn't be anywhere close to the first time thieves went back to rob their receiver (fence) of stolen goods.

Scrap collectors in our neck of the woods are 90+% thieves. My neighbor and I did the leg work for our local sheriff to get a church propane tank and my Honda Recon located at the hideout of some scrap collectors. They were all on probation and now 5 of our finest are in jail for the last 7 months. They are comprised of a 50 year old father and 3 of his young adult illegitimate offspring along with a peripheral family member.

One of them has been arrested 3 times robbing the same scrap yard at a local manufacturing plant.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
[quote=Sycamore]https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/17/us/oklahoma-bodies-river.html

“Unfortunately, I have no description of the bicycles,” Chief Prentice said. “At least one, and we believe all, of the boys had multiple bicycles, and there’s no way to know which ones they were on.”

Four desperados set out on bicycles crazy it does sound like a miniseries of some sort.

I can see Hollywood falling all over this..... "Easy Rider II"

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (12344mag, 219DW, 204guy, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 57 invisible), 2,397 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,863
Posts18,517,884
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.