drover;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the day and for that matter the entire week was a good one for you and you're well.

We've known this was coming since late May, so from that time those of us who were able to have been moving as many of them both off the dealer's shelves and in some cases into the hands of folks who might be inheriting them eventually anyways.

This is, as greydog said, going on at the same time that a forced confiscation of long arms is being rolled out. There's more than 1500 variants in the confiscation category so honestly it appears no one, not the government, not the LEO who might have to enforce it and not in many cases the present owners know if they are in contravention of the law.

To suggest it's anything more than virtue signaling to it's uninformed urban base would indicate the person suggesting it hasn't done their homework.

Something north of 85% of firearms used in Canadian crime are unlawfully obtained. That's the number the LEO will admit to, but it might be as high as 95%.

Again anyone thinking - however remotely - that this will lessen crime of any sort here hasn't been paying attention.

Just like when the current PM Socks legalized pot, it merely stimulated the black market to install turbo chargers and auxiliary overdrive.....

If they - PM Shiny Pony and his Evil Minions - even remotely imagined they had a gun smuggling problem previous to this, well they'd better buckle up is my prediction.

Sorry for the negative tone to my post sir, but as this affects me personally in a number of ways, it's difficult to see much positive in any of it.

Nonetheless, all the best and good hunting.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"