KillerBee;
Good evening to you my friend, I hope the day went well for you.

Thanks for the inquiry on our elk quest, but as the season was done yesterday that'll be more "next year" stuff which I suppose makes a large part of hunting fun. The planning is for me anyways.

We had a bit of a warmer than usual fall and when it's 30°C up on top where we're chasing stuff, one needs to be modifying how far one is going to be packing out the big stuff. While I can manage a deer in two trips usually, something bigger can be 5 or more trips and depending on the length of the trip, a bunch of the meat can surely be in jeopardy.

It's interesting for me to see places where other folks get to hunt moose and elk and be able to access them with anything other than on foot, which is how it's done here or at least how I do most of my hunting.

Anyways, we've seen some moose sign and one buddy saw a legal - has to be 2 point or spike bull - moose yesterday, so maybe we'll see one of them when season starts in a week and a bit.

On the restricted thing, I've had restricted firearms since I turned 18 and was legal to do that, so I've got a fair bit of skin in this particular game and am less than happy about how it's going for sure.

All the best and good hunting regardless of the government we're struggling with.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"