Originally Posted by kk alaska
2 years full time 84-86 worked at the Coast Guard base got off work when it was sunny called sunshine liberty happened 2 days in 2 years could not get off work as I was deemed essential. Yes weather could be sporty, but remember guys coming from the Aleutians saying how nice Kodiak weather was!
I"ve yet to have a horrible weather run in the fall on the Aleutians but I know I missed one a few years ago.

But thats fall weather. Seems lots of folks need cheese or really don't want to hunt. Even if its bad, its only for limited days. Assuming they can get you out..eventually...

Mentally I just assume I'll pull waders and rain gear off to go to bed. And put same on when I get up every day. Spring or fall. And if its better than that its a blessing.

But wind. There is a time when I don't care to be looking. The one fall we had 110 mph winds come through moose camp... I told the client we'd be in the cook tent or sleeping bags until that backed off a bit.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....