Originally Posted by T_O_M
Seafire -

I think I remember you don't like it, but my go-to in the .17 FB was 20 grains of H335 under a 20 grain VMAX. 5 shot groups from a cheap blued 700 SPS sporter were around 3/8 of an inch and after the first 100 rounds it quit copper fouling. It was hell on digger squirrels up in the clear cuts. Should never have sold it but someone offered me more money for it than I paid for it new and there's always a new shiny thing to chase so .. I chased.

Tom

tom,

good to hear from you... its been a while...

yeah, I avoid H 335... I know it shoots good for a lot of folks, but I won't touch it and there are a zillion alternatives.

I've rebarreled 3 savages to 17 Fireball now. I enjoy playing with it at the range.. to late to see combat with the sage rats over in Klamath this year...
but come Feb or early March, that'll change.

brass is holding up pretty darn well.. got one batch with 15 reloads on it, and another batch just finished their 20th reloads...

The 20 v Maxes are pretty darn accurate... I've got like 1500 ea of 15.5 grainers. Gotta get around to testing those out.

Going to try some testing of an old batch of AA 452 Win, and see how that performs with the fireball. Blue Dot worked pretty darn well...

have a happy thanksgiving there Tom....

take care my friend!

cheers, seafire

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez