Went yesterday afternoon with the wife. After walking 1000 yards to box blind, I stripped literally down to my skivvies and socks. It must have been 90* in that blind. opened all the windows and doors. Man, it was hot. Outside temp was 74*.
Anyway, read magazines and looked at phone. Finally, about 5:30 I felt the air change and decided I could get my pants and shirt on without melting.
About 6:00 I hear some leaves rustle and I see a small doe and a nanny doe stepping from the thicket into the food plot. Then I catch sight of a tall white tine but it dis-appears abruptly and I hear it leaving, not in a dead run or anything but more like a see Ya' later gait.

I watched the small doe and nanny doe some more, and then see another large doe and yearling. They were picking along in the food plot and kept looking back in the thicket. I thought Ol' big must be back. Anyway, I catch movement and antlers. I'm on point now. Anyways out steps a younger buck, a 5 pointer. I said "that's good to me". I put the crosshairs on him and the smoke rolled. The old Knight .45cal. MK85 punched him right on the point of the shoulder and the 195gr. powerbelt ended it's journey in his heart. The left front shoulder shattered and he ran all of about twenty yards. No blood trail, no exit hole. The shot was only about 30 yards max.
Walked to the truck and got it. Easy drag to the tailgate.
Off to the processor and that's where I found what was left of the powerbelt. About 30 grains I'd guess.

The Mrs. seen a one horned cowhorn @ 60 yards but passed on it.

Headed out again this afternoon. Maybe I'll be a little more patient now that I have a freezer deer down..... LOL I doubt it. I'm not much of a trophy hunter. I cut the hocks off of this deer and may hang them in a small pine this afternoon.

A side note, the processor took something out of the deers head to send off and check for CWD. It's not reported in the county I hunt in (Rockingham), but is in the county to the west.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA