Originally Posted by WayneShaw
Diesel hit a new high in my area, $5.69 a gallon! And the real pisser, off road diesel is $5.78 a gallon! Usually, the off road fuel is 30 cents per gallon less due to not having the road taxes included. I asked the gal behind the counter, she said they just got a delivery of off road and that's why it changed. I went to the same place 2 weeks ago and bought 20 gallons of off road, it was the usual 30 cents less than on road, but it still cost over 80 bucks.

Who the fu*k can afford that kind of fuel cost? Purely intentional by the Govt.
Yep. One place just south of me had diesel at $5.03/gallon - .30 cheaper than the closest one to me.. I filled up my pickup at the 5.03 place and it was twelve bux short of $200!!!

Needless to say, I try not to drive anywhere I don't have to... I shudder to think of what it costs the farm I work for part-time, especially at harvest time when I'm running a CLAAS 970 and there's six wagons to keep filled on a rotating basis.. The chopper holds 300 gallons, and each tractor holds anywhere from 125-175 gallons each.. At the end of each day, I've only got 15-20% of fuel left in the tank on the CLAAS. The farm has a 10,000 gallon tank and during harvest it's filled every other day. Think of THAT cost! eek

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!