Being a shaman, I work and live in this realm. My ability to remember dreams is my bread and butter.

I find that I go in 6 month stretches alternating from no memory of dreams to fully involved, fully remembered lucid dreaming. It goes in cycles.

The majority of my dreaming, at least while I was working, was centered on the workplace. I tended to have really mundane dreams of everyday work. It took a while to figure out that a lot of this was prescient dreaming. That is, I was dreaming of stuff that hadn't happened yet-- usually in a 10-72 hour delay. It seldom provided actionable information, but I did get a feel for what was down the road.

Now that I'm retired and the Chemo is over, I'm starting into a phase where I'm remembering dreams again. The most recent have been about hunting and the upkeep of deer camp. It's odd, but when I dream about hunting, I seem to always return to the same landscape and universe. It isn't our deer camp or anywhere else I've ever been. It's a mix of suburban housing, open woods and construction, sort of the world I had growing up. However, it's all jumbled. I seem to be always late getting out to hunt, or I am having gobblers that hang up and won't come in, or I'm having trouble with my stand. Occasionally my hunting in this world takes me to a landscape of ravines, covered in late autumn leaves and bare beech trees. This, I've recognized, is the place that I imagined deer hunting long before I ever went. It is based on hikes through small patches of virgin forest that I went on as a child.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer