Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by jackmountain
And your neighbors are so fugked up that they elect a literal vegetable to represent our nations interests (not just your states) you would have to move no matter your ties to that place. Absolutely shameful.
I get the sentiment but what it would accomplish? The US Senate is a nationwide occupation. So from a practical standpoint moving some right wingers to PA to tip the vote would have more impact. Realistically none of it is practical or going to happen. From a purely practical standpoint moving expandable red votes to purple states would do more good than moving out. Unfortunately it seems to be working in the opposite direction.

I would move out of shame and the desire to live nowhere close to that many people that think a stroke victim would do a good job representing their interests.
I hear ya.

MI isn’t a liberal mindset state but has the same national impact through union votes to some extent but especially, single soccer moms, and blacks/Muslims in Detroit/Dearborn/surrounding burbs. Most of them aren’t hardcore liberals but they vote democrat overwhelmingly.

I’m tied here through my step kids and like the outdoor opportunities in MI. If not for my step children we would relocate to WY in a heartbeat.

Most of my neighbors/township/county voted for Trump both times. As Flave pointed out in another thread 40% of the MI population lives in three counties in Metro Detroit. They overwhelmingly vote democrat white, black, or brown.

You’re not tied there. You’re choosing there. You maybe have to live there for a few years because of a custody issue but you’re not tied there.
There’s a good chance that I’ll leave down the road. I should have done it when I was young enough to take full advantage.

I grew up in MI and it’s a state with things to offer someone that likes the outdoors and lives East of the Rockies. It isn’t the liberal hellhole that some build it up to be. More public land East of the Rockies than any other state. More shoreline and groomed snowmobile trails than anywhere else in the US. The second most ATV trails, sand dunes, great fishing, bird hunting, hiking, no magazines bans ect. If you don’t live in the Lower one 1/3 it’s a great state. Even the lower one 1/3 that is the democrats stronghold are not hardcore Portland type leftist. They’re union Fudds, unmarried soccer moms, suburbanites, blacks and Muslims. That vote democrat overwhelmingly but aren’t hardcore leftist.