Originally Posted by zcm82
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I prefer mornings, generally find them more productive. I also like having more daylight to deal with any tracking or dragging. This time of year though, anytime is a good time to be out there with all those horny buggers trolling around.

The bad part about mornings is getting out of a warm bed and driving off in the dark to your walk in the dark. When I hunt evenings I usually leave my spot before dead dark unless I’m close to my car. Tagged one on the way out a few years back that I wouldn't have seen if I’d stuck to my spot ‘til the bitter end.

Back when my hunting time was limited and I had to travel to where I hunted, I used to stick all day, though that seldom seemed to pay off. Half days are “just right” nowadays.

Same. Once I can't see to shoot, I get down, even if there's still a few minutes of legal time left. No sense spooking up stuff you can't see anyway. I generally sit about 3-4 hours in the morning, go home for a few hours to eat and tak a little nap, then go back out a few hours in the afternoon until dark.
Do you walk in before daylight in the AM??

My dad gets down when it is still somewhat light. Says he can't see to shoot. I tell him he can't see at 5:30 in the morning g either but he gets in his stand in the dark. I refuse to hunt the plot if he is hunting about 100 yards behind it. He is down and into the open while I can still see my pins.

I stay til pitch black, no need to tip deer off to your stand and where you come and go from. Plenty of deer can be 50-100yards away and just stand there watching a person climb down and walking along.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 11/09/22.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!