I have no idea if I've killed more in the morning or afternoon. Probably about equal. I typically only hunt for 1 1/2 to 2 hours at a time. My problem is my work schedule Mon thru Sat morning. I'll scoot out of here early on Fridays around 2:00 and I can be in a stand by 3:00. Hunt for a couple of hours Sat. morning and then go to work late. Then I can go Sat night and Sun. morning. Got home stuff to do or deer to cut up in between.

The mornings are really nice, but I have to get my ass out of bed and go, even if it's raining or something. It is a lot less worrisome about tracking if need be. It's also a lot easier when gutting it in the daylight.

I refer to the last hour of daylight in the evening as "Happy Hour". The majority of my deer taken in the afternoon is during Happy Hour. Shot a small 8 point Saturday night at dark thirty. Luckily he went down right away. If it was a little lighter out, I might have let him walk because there are some bigger guys hanging around. It was a little hard to see what I had.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan