Originally Posted by mtwarden
If (big if) keep the weight under 20 lbs, the frameless packs were OK- nothing spectacular at all; much happier taking a small weight penalty and having the load comfortable laugh

This!! My Eberlystock is the heaviest pack I have. I'm willing to take the 1 1/2 pound penalty for a pack that is 5 times as comfortable! Not to mention, many of us will be packing out our meat. The Zpack is good for about 20lbs IMO. The Eberlystock will easily carry 100 lbs. I used to think my Eberlystock was just too darn heavy! After experimenting with a few lighter packs I've come to realize the Eberlystock is by far my favorite

With that said I do carry a small light day pack in my eberlystock called the "ASCEND DASH 720". It's hundreds less than a Zpack and really the weight you save is because you have far less you carry in a day pack. I use the ASCEND when traveling from my main camp. It cost $30

Last edited by Trystan; 11/11/22.

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field