Any interest out there?

Been playing with loads for the 17 Fireball barrel I put on a Savage Axiss, that came with a 350 Legend barrel.
Am using the same 18 inch barrel length, and same contour that the 350 Legend had.

Been playing with it at 75 to 100 yds so far, but with the accuracy I've been getting out of it, with 20 grain V Maxes
at those distances, its definitely minute of Sage Rat, and some of these powders definitely have the potential for 200 yd killing machine efficiency.

Economy is the name of the game here, with the loads yielding 800 to 1250 rounds per pound of powder, and using small pistol primers.
Just settling on one load per powder, since powder capacity is small enough and the number of bullets available in this bore is on the small side,
no pun intended.

About 0.0 pounds of recoil. No loss of target site in reticle, after pulling the trigger. At late October and early November, not really a chance to heat up the barrel. Work this time of year, plays dividends in the varmint fields this coming spring.

don't know if the bullet is large enough for the chronograph to recognize something passing between its screens even.

another tool in the tool box to play with and explore. I am amazed somewhat of the case life. Have been using Remington Brass and then LC Brass that was reformed by a company out of Illinois that is out of business evidently. But so far 15 reloads per case on two batches, the brass is truckin right along. Not sure if this brass is that easy to over pressurize, due to its small size. With some powders, I've tested 5 grains per reload. definitely a substantial upgrade in velocity compared to a 17 HMR.

Haven't tried the 15.5 bullets I've picked up and/or the 25 gr HPs either, both types bought on big sale via Midway....like $90 for 1500 of the 25 grain HP Hornady ( bulk purchase, but don't seem like rejects, more like over runs) same with the 15.5 grainers...got those for like 1100 of them for $100.00 delivered.

just more fun in the off season, despite the weather.

so far have tested AA 452, Win 680, Unique, Blue Dot ( of course) Alliant Steel, IMR & H4227, Lil Gun...and a couple more...have used the 5.7 x 28 as a reference for some reloads also. and also the 221 Fireball in a Pistol. Even with regular load data, this little cartridge seems so eager to please.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez