Originally Posted by Plab
Originally Posted by JeffG
Tag here, and paying attention. I have two potential donor barrels, and haven't figured out which cartridge will work with the donor action's rotor, (... what are you gurus using for wildcat dies?). I seem to have my heart set on 35-300 Sav, but can't imagine that 35-303 Sav gives up too much velocity,

and yes, it seems like JES is well-situated to be the best/only choice. Will they re-chamber deeper, re-clock, and set the shoulder back, if you send along the action?

I've been trying to reach them Jeff I want to know if he needs the barrel on or off the action. I'm assuming they headspace it and marked the barrel with the caliber ? wish they had an email address

I've researched the the conversion from 303sav to 35 rem .. chambering will work dimension wise

plab

I sent all of mine as complete barreled actions, including the trigger. Got each on back with fired cases in the new caliber and the target.

FWIW, I've asked JES to put the caliber marking on the underside of the barrel and was obliged. On all of my rebores I have milled out the original caliber marking and had the new caliber engraved in the mill cut.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.