I am getting a preliminary copy in a few days. But they say I can't get a large number for resale until Feb 28. That's ridiculous. The printer will do the whole run in a very short time then move on to something else. Maybe my preliminary copy was air mailed from where ever the book was printed (probably China) but it won't take 3 1/2 months for the rest of them to arrive. I suspect that the fact that I sold about 400 copies of the first book in a very short time cut into the sales of the commercial retailers and by delaying shipping books to me they are giving the commercial retailers more time to take customers away from me. One of their excuses is that they have to fill backorders first. To me that sounds like the publisher and amazon already have a lot of orders that they are going to ship before they let me have copies.
I have no idea what the demand will be. Some people on here have no interest in engraved Savages but bought copies of the first book. I am hoping that it will sell to non Savage enthusiasts who are into engraved firearms. Rick's original research into the engravers should also help sell copies to people who want to know more about the engravers who engraved a lot of other popular firearms as well as their work on the Savages.
I hope all of you will wait until I can provide you with an inscribed and signed copy of the book.
David

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]