Hunted all but an hour on opening day. Started moving around at 11:00 and jumped a doe and twins up your of a bunch of tree tops. The old doe stop for s bit too long.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Didn’t hunt Sunday morning, but was planning on hunting that evening. Youngest son was going to hunt on back side of farm. He pulled in at 1:00 PM saying he just saw a good buck in the bottom headed in the back side.

There after only two hollars that it could have went into, so we both grabbed our packs and took off on foot from the driveway . He was about 5 mins ahead of me. I was about to to the head of the first hollar when I hear a shot. He had already told me he was going to kill s doe if he got a chance and first doe down.

He kept reporting movement and seeing deer but no horns. At 4:30, I moved down the ridge about 400 yards and was going to walk the hollar up to him. I just dropped off the ridged snd jumped several deer.

I moved about 50-75 yards to a open power line and saw deer movement. I threw up the rifle and saw a deer but no horns, immediately behind was a buck, good frame. The buck stopped and I had to he rifle on my shoulder, at the recoil the buck immediately dropped. I am very proud as it was a 225-250 yard shot off hand. Hit the buck high on the shoulder exiting the neck.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Rifle is a Shaen built Win 70, McMillan edge in 6.5 PRC, 147 ELD

Last edited by Crappie_Killer; 11/13/22.

CK