I had a Model 70 in 270, rebored to 338/06 by Bob West up in Eugene....

What a guy! I felt honored to talk with him face to face, much less him being so personable.

I was asking Chick Donnelly down here in Southern Oregon to do it, but his mother was ill, so he wasn't taking any work at the time, but recommended Bob West up in Eugene. Said he'd even call Bob, and let him know he was sending me up that way.

So a couple weeks later, I had to make a business trip up to Eugene, so after that I stopped by his home. I'm standing at his front door, and I am in a white shirt with a tie on. He half shuts the door and demands who in the hell I am, and what in the hell do I want? I told him I was here to get a rebore on a rifle barrel.. . "Sure you are, I don't do any type of work like that! Who in the hell told you I did anything like that?"

Well I was referred to you by Chick Donnelly down in southern Oregon, he told me he would call you and let you know he was sending me up.
"What the hell is your name then? and how do you know Chick?" I've had a couple of barrels done by Chick, plus I've been in a group elk huting and Chick was one of the other guests. " you live in Grants Pass and your name John?" Yessir.... " Oh hell, I'm sorry John, come on in.. yeah Chick called me and told me he was sending ya up. What in the hell are you dressed like someone from the government or the IRS??"

I had a few business appointments for my business... "oh hell, my apologies. I normally don't get people show up here in a White shirt and a tie on".

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez