Originally Posted by Swamplord
Originally Posted by pabucktail
Originally Posted by windridge
Rebore a factory barrel ? What da Fk ? Fer realz ?

you spend the same $$$ to rebore a factory turd when you could have a top notch barrel made

Total B S

A JES re-bore is 1/2 the cost with a quick turn around. He does a good job, and how many shooters will ever shoot out a 358, 338, 35 Whln, 9.3X62?

There is zero logic in spending more money on a disposable tent peg factory barrel beyond original purchase price, when you can apply that cash towards a new top shelf Bartlein, Krieger, Rock Creek etc ... I've bought used & new rifles & yanked barrels off withought ever firing a single shot, smith made muzzle brakes out of a couple take-offs and I've thrown a bunch away.... some folks are far too attached to material things that are often not worth 1/4 of the money paid for them.... then spend more $$$ on 'em, SMH

Get a new barrel

So then, you have no actual experience with rebores? You also apparently lack the depth of imagination to envision a scenario where a rebore is preferable to a new barrel. Yes, by all means keep sharing your wisdom. Thanks.

I go through a couple pairs of Redwing work boots a year & never once envisioned a scenario where I imagined it would be preferable to resole them

I throw them away

I resharpen my knives when they get dull. I’ve resoled good Danners. I’ve rebuilt and replaced engines. I’ve rebored rifles.

Let me know where I can buy a new barrel chambered in my choice of chambering installed and ready to shoot for $225 shipping included and I promise you that gunsmith will be so busy he’ll be sorry.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~