I was going to sit out the afternoon hunt as wind wasn't conducive for my lease spots. Then I thought I might as well hunt the archery only spot right by my house the wind would be good for 2 of my 3 stands sets. As I was getting my dog fed a picture came in from that property of the short tined 8 pt I had passed earlier in the season so I got changed and took the 2 minute truck drive to the property. As I walked in near the camera that just sent me the picture a deer busted,just saw tail didn't know if it was the buck or a different deer.I kept walking in to get to my middle stand(they only one I don't have a camera near).As I was getting with in sight of the stand I see another deer, its a buck.I drop to one knee and nock an arrow and watch,the deer doesn't spook much and just trots off. I walk to the stand thinking I should have got in here earlier and likely won't see another deer this afternoon but I'm here now so I climb up in the stand hang my pack and bow and get situated. I receive a text from a friend asking if I got out hunting,then another from my cousin of the Big 8 pt that is running between my lease and his property. Then he calls me all upset saying he was 15 minutes late getting in yada yada yada... it was at this time I looked up and to my right 40yds is a buck looking at me with my phone to my ear,I haven't even been in the stand for 3 minute! I say buck gotta go and now I say this ain't gonna be good but I ease my arm down and slip my phone in my pocket.The buck just stares then takes a few steps closer and turns and walks into some sparse brush,I make my move and grab the bow and stand all in one smooth slow motion. I was undetected the buck comes clear at 30 yds I decide not to take the shot he's nice but do I really want him? If he had just continued on his path it would have been good for his future existence but he turned and headed back towards me through the brush and hit a clear spot at 20 yds and I decided I was going to take the shot! My arrow flew true and hit right where I aimed behind the shoulder. He bolted and ran a big semi circle and I watched him drop not 50 yds from me. I waited a few minutes and got down I didn't even look for a blood trail I just walked over to the big tree I last saw him and he was laying dead at the base. He's a 9 pt not a monster but a good mature deer that I am pleased to harvest.Now the work was going to begin and I had the brainstorm walk out take the 2 minute ride home and grab my giant wagon! It worked like a charm hauling him out from time I shot him till time he was hung in my shed was 1 1/2 hrs. Saturday I'm back in the woods with another buck tag for the gun opener. As a side note the big 8 pt that was in these woods and had been vacant since Oct 29th made and appearance at my camera and hit the scrape in front of my stand after all this happened

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Big 8 pt that resurfaced on same property

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT