We have a lot of dewalt tools (2 20v drills, 2 20v impact drivers, 20v weedeater, 20v hedgetrimmer, 20v greasegun, 20 chainsaw, 20v grinder, 20v circular saw, 60v weedeater, 60v circular saw, 60 chainsaw, 60v recip saw, and more) with a correspondingly large supply of batteries.

Got a 20v dewalt chainsaw mainly for small jobs and so wife doesn't have to start either of our two gas powered chainsaws. Handy; but can't really recommend it. Leaks oil badly if not stored on side. Quit after about 1.75 years. Dewalt customer service was great when first contacted offering to fix, not needing receipt, and sending shipping label. Sent it in. Lady from India called. Said not covered by warranty since didn't include receipt. Will fix and return for $$$ - which was about the price of new tool. I told her to let me think about it a bit (to confirm price difference with new). Saw arrived back unfixed a few days later without any followup contact. Still sitting in shipping box in garage.

Most dealers in this area are phasing out their dewalt and stocking up on Milwaukee. I asked one about it and they said it was partially out of frustration with dewalts customer service (lack of). I now understand that.

If I were starting over planning to get a lot of tools, I'd get Milwaukee. If I already had a stock of dewalt 60v batteries, I'd get the dewalt 60v. If I had a stock of dewalt 20v batteries only, I'd get it but with idea it is very light duty only.

Last edited by Rangersedge; 11/17/22.