Remembering a similar issue with a SW 625. Was using a LEE 200g swc cast. Trouble was some loaded full moon clips would hang up slightly. Not enough to prevent the cylinder to close, but enough to not let it rotate once closed. I had DougGuy from over at castboolits take a look at the cylinder. He noticed some were very slightly out of round and corrected them with a hone. He also chamfered the cylinder’s entry edges for speedier loading with clips. This work helped some but the issue persisted. Tried a few other bullets with various degrees of success. Berry’s plated rn and regular jacketed hardball worked fine. The LEE swc, rf, and Berry’s hp’s still gave occasional issues. My conclusion was the cylinder lead was short and slightly catching the bullet just before it entered the case. Instead of pushing them in further I tried some different cast bullet. Lyman 452460’s worked perfectly as did an RCBS and Saeco 200g SWC. Factory loads always worked perfectly too. I concluded that the profile of the LEE and Berry’s Hps nose taper was too gradual and causing the issue. Still shoot that 625 often with a variety of bullets without issue. Avoid the LEE 200g swc, rf, and Berry’s 200g hp’s in that pistol.

Just my results and opinion. Im certainly no Smith or expert. Hope I’ve explained my situation properly and it’s of some use.

Try seating slightly deeper or some different types of cast/jacketed bullets. Eliminate possible factors. Hope you resolve the issue.