Originally Posted by MontanaMan
The Creed is a very nice round, & if one doesn't already have a 7-08, 270 Win, or a 280 Rem, all of which are ballistically essentially the same, given the right bullets, then the Creed is a no brainer.

What it has going for it is a short action, mild recoil & a nice size package, properly twisted barrel & excellent factory ammo loadings availability.

But if you have one of the other 3 above, there's no real significant performance gain.

The 270 with a Nosler LRAB, for example, is a virtual dupe, ballistically, (ditto for the
7-08 & 280)............albiet in a heavier package with more recoil & it's a handloading only proposition.

I'm sure I'll end up with one, just because, but not because I need it nor because it will measurably outperform what I already have.

JMHO, YMMV

MM
Originally Posted by southtexas
MM: I agree completely. And for my purposes, I could add the 25/06 and my fav, the 257R.

But I just got a M70 6.5CM, and I must admit was impressed when the 1st 2 three shot groups, with factory ammo, were less than .7” (Hornady and Winchester) Talk about the easy button!

And I don’t give a hoot about the BCs. I never shoot at anything beyond 300, maybe 350 at a pig!
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by cra1948
I love Creedmore articles…. It’s fun watching the new kid on the block struggling to keep up with my 6.5x55.

LOL, The Queen of DaNile!

You guys are gonna talk me into building more 6.5 mm CMs.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.