Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
I have espoused upon this several times... 56mm objectives and 30+mm tubes will absolutely gather more light. I have taken them out side by side and used them both. The smaller objectives will get most of the job done... we can LEGALLY deer hunt here for an HOUR after sunset. I have been using 56mm scopes here for 40+ years because the flat out work in the dark. I certainly wish the cheaper and smaller ones worked but they really don't.

There is a reason that so many people here and in Europe use the larger objectives - they flat work. In Europe, you can actually hunt at "night" in some places...
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
I have espoused upon this several times... 56mm objectives and 30+mm tubes will absolutely gather more light. I have taken them out side by side and used them both. The smaller objectives will get most of the job done... we can LEGALLY deer hunt here for an HOUR after sunset. I have been using 56mm scopes here for 40+ years because the flat out work in the dark. I certainly wish the cheaper and smaller ones worked but they really don't.

There is a reason that so many people here and in Europe use the larger objectives - they flat work. In Europe, you can actually hunt at "night" in some places...

Thanks