Originally Posted by Cheyenne
There’s something to be said for being able to accurately sling a magazine full of .380 rounds out of a small gun almost like it was a .22 LR. The mini-nines now are made in the same size range as the larger .380s, but the recoil is substantially more (at least against locked breech .380s), and follow-up shots are slower. The mini-nines also require more practice to keep in shape than with the roughly equivalent sized .380s.

Carry whatever you want as long as you know how to use it. I also have a personal criteria that I won’t carry something if it would force me to compromise on the situations in which I would carry or employ it. I don’t go for the concept of carrying one gun on a milk run a couple of blocks from home and a different one when going to the big city.

Well here’s a little context. 2009 living in the big city, nice summer night guy 2 blocks from me got robbed at gun point while drinking a beer with a friend in his own garage. Always had a G26, 1911 or that PPK on my side since. Leave the house 1911 or G26. Putzing in the garage or the yard, PPK.

Fast forward 2015 retired living in small town Nebraska and visits to anywhere other than my yard, garage or run to the convenience store 3 blocks away, town larger than 3000 are 2-3 weeks apart, sometimes a month unless some emergency pops up. Damn, I gots to carry 13 -20 rounds of 9mm or 9 rounds in a 1911 to mow the lawn or just to sit in the house? Naw, same procedure just different situations.

Swifty