Originally Posted by irfubar
I am a fisherman. A boat to me is about fishing first, pleasure second.
The problem is I love all fishing, trout, salmon, bass, walleye, rockfish, lingcod, crappie, perch etc....
Rivers , lakes , streams, reservoirs, ocean etc.... well in theory this would require 4 or 5 different boats. And that is the path I was heading down.
Finally I came to my senses and decided to stop the insanity.
Sold all my boats, and at I profit I may add. And bought this boat to do it all.
It's a heavy gauge welded aluminum , with a jet pump outboard with tiller steering. It has a Minnkota Terranova bow mount electric wit auto pilot, spotlock and cruise control.
No gas kicker this time. I use two Lifepro lithium batteries to power it and can troll for several days at 1.5 to 2mph.
The jet allows me to power up rivers in 4" water. The 10 degree V with good freeboard allows me to use it on large reservoirs such as Ft Peck. The light weight allows me to launch on small lakes with unimproved ramps.
It's not perfect for everything but it is damn good!!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Very Nice Brither irfubar!

For the type of fishing I do two boats are a must, one for lakes and rivers and one for the Pacific ocean. Where I fish in the Pacific, if you go in the drink you are dead in about 15 minutes from exposure!

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 11/22/22.

KB