Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Our daughter’s first deer. She passed hunters ed at 9 years old and with a 98% final test score. I took her, just as I had done for our son, for a 4 day deer hunt. The weather was beautiful and the deer activity was minimal. On our last day I had planned for us to hunt until dark. I have much better luck here hunting afternoons into the evening then I do hunting mornings…so that was our plan on the last day. We poked around a little bit in the morning but we were focused on the evening hunt. We went to the 59’r diner for burgers and milkshakes. I showed her how to read the Gazzeteer map and explained what, why and how we’d approach our hunt that evening. I can still feel her excitement and how much she believed in me during that first hunt. In her young mind she was guaranteed to get a deer because she was hunting with me, Dad. I look back at that hunt and I thank God for that opportunity….at the innocence of her expectations at her trust and confidence she had in me but mostly I’m thankful that I got to share the memories of those first hunts with my children….memories that are forever tattooed on my soul. Someday they’ll get to experience the joy I felt going afield with their children….

Our daughter’s first Mule Deer taken with a Sako .308 and 150gr TTSX at <20’…..

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Fantastic Aces !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"