Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by gunchamp
PA firearm season is cloe to kicking off. Very excited to be in the field with my daughter. Would love to see some pics of some of you alls best hunting memories or biggest bucks. Share what ya got

gunchamp;
Good afternoon your time sir, I hope that the day before American Thanksgiving is being kind to you and yours.

Thanks for the thread and of course thanks so much for those who've shared such wonderful animals and memories with us, I appreciate and enjoy threads such as these immensely.

Whenever this topic has come up over the years I've had the same response, so I'll apologize to those who've known me here for years and might have seen it a time or three.

Anyways, this was opening day of the BC Youth firearms season, a season which I'd help fight to get established long before our girls were born, but indeed that made it the foundation for a special day.

They shot these two bucks when five of them fed up a draw to within maybe 30yds of us. I'd told each of them to pick an easy one that they knew they could make a good shot on - neither one of them chose the 4 point because it wasn't a shot they wanted.

[Linked Image]

In a lifetime of hunting, I've never before or since had 5 bucks feed up to us while we were sitting out in the open on a hillside, but honestly folks that's exactly what happened.

They'd decided between them who got first shot and it was more or less bang, then a count to perhaps three, another bang and two bucks piled up within maybe 15 yards of each other.

Funny too I absolutely knew at that time I was both blessed to experience it and that it was going to be unique and likely unsurpassable for the rest of my hunting life.

That moment on that morning beat my best mulie buck, best whitetail, the California bighorn, moose or any bear I've personally shot. It even beat the first time I had a bull elk come in to a call with our youngest beside me as her eyes got wider and wider. That bull never showed itself by the way, but we both still talk about it as another high point in a life spent up in the mountains behind the house.

Thanks again to you and one and all who've participated already and to those who will after this.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all on your side of the medicine line.

Dwayne
Thank you very much for taking the time to share that story. This is what hunting is all about. The memories ive made with my father and brothers and now my daughter have made me a very happy man. Seems the same for many of you.