Sorta ironic, after 20 plus years I came to view my old school firing pin on the hammer Mod 39 as too cherished to be my carry piece.

So I picked up this 442-2, it does have the trigger lock, I don’t mind it that much. I check the action is unlocked most every day.

I actually paid $80 on eBay for that Uncle Mike’s Combat Grip, they used to come standard on j-frame .357’s but have been out of production for years now. I haven’t found a grip that fits my hand better and I find the longer grip positions it more consistently in a pocket (Remora holster) than the boot grip the 442 came with, indexes much more consistently in the hand when drawn quickly too.

I’ve been trying to warm up to the pocket nines, that Ruger LC 9 fits in my pocket about as well, flatter than a j-frame, is easier to shoot fast and well and with that nine-round mag provides twice the rounds on hand.

J-frames just seem so familiar in my hand tho, the 442 still gets the nod.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744