Got my wife a 442, thought the recoil might be a bit much for her, but she likes it.

Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Love 'em.................change the grips & they become much more shootable.MM

MM, What grips did you put on yours?

Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I actually paid $80 on eBay for that Uncle Mike’s Combat Grip, they used to come standard on j-frame .357’s but have been out of production for years now. I haven’t found a grip that fits my hand better and I find the longer grip positions it more consistently in a pocket (Remora holster) than the boot grip the 442 came with, indexes much more consistently in the hand when drawn quickly too.

Bird Watcher, I've got an Uncle Mikes K-frame square butt grip (on a Model 18), I like it a lot over the Pachmayr and Hogue's that I've tried.

Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
For some reason, you can buy the current 442 with or without the lock. When I ordered mine several years ago, I specifically ordered one without the lock. It's likely the only revolver they offer where they give you a choice.

Yeah, I don't get this... if they can offer the 442 without the lock, why not others? edited to add; If they did, I would buy more new S&W's vs. just pre-locks.

Jerry

Last edited by jerrywoodswalker; 11/23/22.

Si vis pacem, para bellum