I’ve used quite a few red dots and holographic sights over the years. While I really want to like EOTech, the battery life just isn’t worth it. My favorite is the micro Aimpoints T2 or H2 if you don’t have NV. The Battery life is unreal, I leave my dots on all the time and not on the recommended mid range setting. My H2 stayed on setting 8 or 9 (out of 10) for two years and I finally changed the battery last August on my birthday with all my other batteries that I change every year. They just work and work well.

But I sold that gun complete with the H2 and did some rearranging. I put a Sig Romeo5 in an ADM QD mount and swap it out with a 1-4 Trijicon scope when needed. The Sig has seen a million round on a 10/22 and also stays on all the time. No it’s not Aimpoint tough, no it doesn’t work as good but it gets the job done out to 200 yards, that’s mostly A zone hits on a USPSA silhouette.

But I am trying a Trijicon 1-6 Credo HX with hunter holds. The 1 power is closer to 1.3 than true 1x but the glass is clear, bright and the reticle is bold enough to use without the illumination. Speaking of illumination, it is daylight bright. As bright as the Razor I compared it with.

Take advantage of the accuracy with a scope but QD mounts will allow you to play with a red dot too.