I had to laugh when I read about your cat. My daughter's cat is living with us temporarily and resides in my reloading room. It wasn't my first choice, but it was the only place in the house where we could keep it away from our dogs. I put a bunch of stuff away before he got here and thought I had it cat-proof. My daugher checked it out and mentioned that he's been known to chew power cords so my RCBS ChargeMaster combo and case tumbler went into the closet, too.

Not long ago I needed to load a box of ammo so I used my RCBS 10-10 scale that sits on a shelf at eye level above the bench. I'd weighed out a dozen and the charged cases were sitting in my loading block next to me on the bench (I hadn't seated the bullets yet). I was carefully weighing out number 13 when the cat apparently decided he needed more attention than he was getting and jumped up from the floor and landed in the middle of my loading block...sure shocked me and the cat as brass, powder and some tools scattered all over the room. Fortunately the 10-10 was unscathed.

Trust me when I say it's a lot funnier now that it was then. The cat is still with us and may be through the end of the year so after your experience I think I'll stash the 10-10 scale in the closet out of harms way, too.

Getting back to your post, I've used the RCBS 10-10 scale for more than 25 years and it's always been reliable. That said, I bought the ChargeMaster combo earlier this year and for all the reasons mentioned in the earlier posts, wonder why I didn't get one sooner. It's great. I especially like being able to easily weigh cases, bullets, etc on the digital scale.

When the cat leaves, the 10-10 will come back out of the closet as I like having both of them on the bench, but the ChargeMaster combo will continue to get the most use. It's a great tool.

I bet RCBS will take care of you. Good luck.

Chuck