Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by 65Jeffrey
yeah ive got mags of WFN hard cast.....looking for a good tough JHP as well

Oh man, that's a tough one.

Lemme think about it.

You don't have to think too hard............Fed 230 HST's of Remington Golden Sabre Bonded will do just fine. As will a hard cast similar to what Mackay showed.

I hear good thinks about Hornady Critical Duty as well.............not fired one though.

My EDC 1911 is loaded with the Fed HST unless I think I need the somewhat better possible penetration of the HC.

YMMV though, especially since you don't like 1911's

MM

I’ve still got quite a bit of the old Remington Factory Golden Sabre Ammo I bought back when I worked in the Wholesale Firearms Industry on a closeout.
Killed one deer and a couple of hogs with it. Expanded well, but I was not overly impressed with the penetration. The Hornady Critical Defense looks like good ammo, but I be not tried it.
If I didn’t handload, or couldn’t buy the Buffalo Bore Outdoorsman factory load, I’d buy Mackay’s 250 gr hard cast load.
I shoot a LBT WFN hard cast load that I handload that’s very similar. It’s a hog killing sob.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~