Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
Alrighty fellers, got some more information today while poking around. The car was made in Baltimore MD, shipped to a dealer north of Greenbriar in WVA, and bought brand new by a man who would pass the car down to his son. Son gave it to a mechanic who let it sit, and now it's in my driveway. The car is 100% original after doing some vin decoding and checking numbers.

It is a 283 with a powerglide behind it. Takes a fuzz to get it running but it's not a hard start by any means. Definitely needs some brake work, and I can't quite pin down an occasional squeal I hear, though the belts do need to be replaced. That's all for now. I suck at posting pics but I'll keep trying. The car is too neat for me not to show it's progress.

Thank you for all of the input and advice thus far, it is certainly appreciated. This is the oldest vehicle I have worked on thus far.

My family roots are the county to the south of Greenbrier WVA, it was probably bought at the Chevy dealer there in Lewisburg.
That body is in good shape for coming out of that area. Plenty of dirt roads, few car washes ( especially from back in the 60s and 70s) and they salt the roads when they are icy in West Va,

Must be a low miler, even if it is 62 years old, for the body to be in as good of shape as the pictures show..

any body rust under it, particular under the passenger compartment?

Over all, not knowing what you paid for her... I think you did pretty darn good on your purchase.

Where do you reside over in Virginia?

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez