Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Used to and will again soon. We were too young to appreciate it fully at the time being newly married living in a 1000sq/ft cabin up lake and 25 miles from that type of Christmas town. It was a PIA to run for beer in the winter and I didn’t have the money to “stock up”. Our first Christmas tree that I got a $5 permit from the USFW we cut down as a snowstorm settled in and I was navigating slippery snowy and icy logging roads that dropped hundreds of feet straight down. I threw the wrong chains in my Blazer and knew that I had fugged up big and I HAD to get my new bride out safely….. I had her walk beside the Blazer as I kept my door open ready to ditch if it started sliding. It took us 4+ hours to get out of what took us 30 minutes to drive to. We laughed about it afterwards and went home to warm each other up. She never uttered a word of complaint and I knew I had made the right choice only months earlier.

Where we live now isn’t far off. It’s still a small farm community with great people but it isn’t that really small town that I crave again.

Thanks.

Posts like this is what makes the camifre great.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz