Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by RUM7
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I like to get a medium poodle and red heeler combo dog.

Probably be a damn smart dog Sam. We had a poodle when I was a kid that was really smart.
And I’ve never been around a dumb heeler. Hard headed maybe, but smart as hell.
I had a heeler when I was young and single. Expensive dog, was given to me free because he was too hard on the cows. My buddy was going to put him down.
Smartest dog I've ever had. Got him at 1 year old. He lived till he was 17. Ypu could talk to him in complete sentences. He'd pick the 3 commands out of the sentence and do them in order. I miss that dude.

Smartest dog I ever had was half red heeler and half coyote. If that sob barked at night, you’d best go outside with a gun in hand.
At the time I lived out in the middle of an orchard in a house my buddy and I rented from a farmer we knew. That blue heeler would sit at the door and barl when coyotes were out and about. We would just let him out. It sounded like WW3 out in the orchard. Lol. He would always come back in one piece. All sobered up and maybe a cut or two. Always happy as hell to mix it up. And yes, don't approach the truck if he's in the back. It could be hazardous to your health.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-